Carson was sick during Spring Break. I was glad my teaching gig was over so I could stay home with him. Every sick kid prefers to snuggle with their momma, and I didn't mind lounging around watching Mickey all day either. I thought he was better, until Thursday night he was up all night with that yucky croupey sounding cough. We debated all morning about going to the cabin - we planned to leave at 10 - but we didn't end up waking up until then. By noon we decided to go... I packed all the breathing treatment stuff and we were off.
 |
| I love to watch Carson sleep. I use to take pictures of him sleeping when he was a baby. He's not such a baby anymore. |
It was a quick trip compared to others. Carson has established a love for "vroom vroom" which can be interpreted to anything with an engine... a motorcycle, lawn mower, 4-wheeler. At the cabin, from the moment Carson woke up to the minute he went to bed, he insisted on being outside on the "vroom vroom." Everyone took turns taking him on endless 4-wheeler rides for hours. The kid was obsessed.
Carson decorated a sugar cookie with the girls. Once he was finished, there wasn't any delay in licking and eating it right up. He pretty much devoured the cookie.
The Easter bunny found Carson and brought him a new Buzz fleece blanket, new swimsuit and rash guard. He loves Reeses candy, but not Twix. Good thing the candy was favorites of mom and dad's.
We did our traditional Shields Easter egg hunt Sunday morning. Carson caught on real quick and would yell "moooore" and run to find the next egg. He made out like a bandit and scored us ten dollar bills! I think his favorite part of the whole thing, was cracking the eggs open at the end.
We traveled to my parents house Sunday afternoon to join my family for Easter dinner and the Marx cousin egg hunt. He was prepared, and loved running threw the grass finding eggs.
No comments:
Post a Comment