January 28, 2008

Weekend Birthday Fun

I fell asleep pretty early that night watching tv, and was woken up to a surprise at 12:30 a.m., officially my birthday. Jordan went to the store and bought me balloons, flowers, and a Happy Birthday sign that he hung up while I was snoozing (great wife, didn't even know he was gone). I thought it was so fun that he woke me up in the middle of the night to show me, until I found out the real reason why: He was scared the balloons would deflat and the flowers would wither by morning so he wanted to make sure I saw it with the full effect. I seriously could not stop laughing! He's so cute.The balloons stayed fully inflated long pasted morning!


Saturday we ran some errands and ate yummy In-N-Out, always a nice treat!In the afternoon I spared Jordan and went with my mom and sister to see 27 Dresses. I thought it was the cutest movie, definitely a chick flick. We have the goofiest time together!For my birthday dinner we decided to try out Carrabbas. While talking with the waitress before dinner we told her we had never been there before so she brought out a free cake for being "newbies" as she called it. It worked out perfect since Jordan forgot to mention it was my birthday and I didn't feel like being the fourth person they sang to that night while we ate.

I know gambling is totally against my religion -- but I wanted to try it at least once in my life. So why not on my 21st birthday! I compromised with the RedRock since it was close to the restuarant and Jordan was totally against the idea from the beginning. The lady had to check my ID like 3 times while Jordan stayed as far away as possible. He was embarressed the whole time and just knew someone would recognize us. It was too funny, he said if I won big (yeah, right) we'd have to donate it to charity because it's dirty money. I wouldn't be donating it that's for sure but seriously with Vegas odds, I wasn't worried. I only know how to half-way play roulette so that was my game of choice, thanks to the couching skills of the kind lady next to me I won $44.

No comments: