Newlyweds, New Year, means, New Ward with New Calling! Jordan and I got a new calling a couple of weeks ago. For the new year we were called to be joint sunbeam teachers. Not what I had in mind, but inevitable for newlyweds, it's a curse. We were out of town when they sustained us, so we read the lesson online, made a coloring activity - all to find out the morning of, an hour before church that we actually were meant to be called to teach the CTR 5 class. Cool, I'm down, but totally different lesson manual, so we had to hurry and read the new lesson and make another coloring activity to go with the theme for the nine four, turning five year olds in our class. The best part of the morning had to be when Jordan read the list to me, and then yelled:
"Jenn, THEY'RE ALL GIRLS! I don't know what to do with girls!"
It was so cute, they all came into primary with their big poofy dresses with matching bows and their hair all done up. I thought they all looked adorable! And overall we got really good girls who listen and participate, but they just love to talk and tell you everything. I had a blast interacting with them, but I couldn't resist laughing everytime I looked over at Jordan. He was a statue and had the most confusing look on his face the entire time. He had no idea what to do. He just kept saying throughout primary, "if we have a girl, I seriously am going to find a way to send it back." After church I asked him why teaching girls was such a big deal, and he's all - "not one Jenn, we didn't get one boy. I can talk, play, and teach boys." Haha, I swear he acts like their aliens. I just hope in a few years, we at least have a boy first.
(And I'm really glad we didn't end up gettting sunbeams, I don't know if I could have handled the screaming and kicking or the attention span of the 30+ sunbeams in our ward, no thank you.)
5 comments:
Piano recitals, dance recitals, bows & bobbin pins - he'll get used to it all. It's inevitable, he's doomed.
At least Jordan has you in there with him. Just imagine if he was called to teach the class by himself! Then what would he do?
Oh, and you'll now be getting a girl first. Jordan better stop saying things like that out loud! :)
That's just hilarious! Who would've thought that was a popular year for having girls! haha Watch out Jordan, they'll chew you up!
I just peeked at your blog...Teaching Sunbeams was our first calling as newlyweds and we had 12 little BOYS!! I felt like Jordan did, but I grew to love those boys and we had so much fun with them and look at me now a boy mommy!
This is such a funny story! That is so crazy there were no boys in the class! My girls just started primary too, but they cried the first couple of Sundays--they missed nursery. Hopefully you haven't had to deal with that!
Post a Comment