Back to work I go. My time off was more than refreshing. I got nothing accomplished on my "when I'm on maternity leave, I'm going to do this, this, and that." I didn't even establish cooking dinner, maybe next time :).
My little man has brought more joy and happiness into my life than I ever thought possible. He keeps me grounded, and it's no longer about me - it's entirely about his needs and his schedule. I know my working-mom status won't be long but that's just how life is sometimes. Needing and wanting are two totally different things - and at this stage in our lives I need to keep working. I can't complain. I enjoy where I work, and who I work for, and with. I'm just lucky to have had a job to come back too. When people ask me how it's going? It's fine. Would I rather be at home? Of course. But I've been pysching myself up for it for about a month, and it's going well. And it's comforting knowing Carson's being well taken care of for the few hours I'm away.
Summer is going to be crazy. Jordan is finishing his last few classes and embarking on a new adventure that he's so excited about that makes me excited for him. Schooling was so much easier without kids. Now we juggle studying and homework in between naps, and late at night after Carson has gone to bed. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel and he'll be done soon enough...
2 comments:
You do what is right for your family! Glad that cute chubby boy is making you so happy! ;)
I think it's nice to get away for awhile. It also helps that your child is being well taken care of and that you enjoy the job you have. Your day (and mine) will come when we can be full time stay at home moms. (I think everything was easier without kids. But they are so worth it, huh?)
Post a Comment