I'm loosing my identity. Anyone who knows me knows I'm pretty much obsessed with People magazine. It's been coming in the mail every Friday since I was like 8. Then when I got married, one day it just started coming in the mail to my house. I truely do have the best momma ever. It was my joyful Saturday afternoon reading material.
Then I didn't get my Elin issue. I was sad. But the next issue came the next week so I didn't think much about it until about Wednesday when I was dropping off Carson my mom says "Hey Jenn, did you cancel People?" "I got a credit on my account and an email that said the subscription had been canceled." Um, NO I DID NOT. Why on earth would I do a crazy thing like that.
No more People. I have gone through a serious mourning stage. My gossip knowledge will never be the same - I guess I better start DVR-ing Entertainment Tonight.
But now I have Parents. Weird, I know. When I opened my boppy around when Carson was born, inside was a postcard for six months free subscription to Parents magazine. I filled it out and mailed it in, and have been enjoying the mag ever since. Now that six months is up - I renewed for another year.
What is my world coming too? I replaced People with Parents. Seriously? I think I'm slightly loosing my mind.
4 comments:
Those are the ways life changes that no one tells you about.
Haha! I used to be the same way. Every Thursday my co-worker bought 5 magazines (like people and us) and would have them waiting on my desk for me every Monday morning. I miss those days!I just got my first issue of Parents this week. Crazy how things change! Glad I am not the only one going through withdrawals.
OH the things having children does to you. MOst of them are good changes, but some are painful like varicose veins and stretch marks :)
Identity is not lost, but just rearranged, you're not Carson's mom. (and the mom of the yet unborns) I still run into people that know me as someone's mom. I guess soon I'll known as be someone's grandmother.
Post a Comment