Our baby boy isn't such a baby anymore, he's ONE years old! He's big, and not getting smaller. He loves to walk. Yes, yes he can walk! And it's fun to see him get so excited about walking around our house, or church, or wherever we are. He loves to eat everything himself, and thinks it's funny to throw food on the floor (I'm so glad now, that Jordan convinced me to tile our dining room too because the carpet we use to have would be completely trashed by now). Carson is a busy little boy that loves to laugh, smile and play with balls and is constantly keeping us on our toes.
Now without further ado, the evolution of Carson, months 1 through 12...
I wish the pictures turned out bigger, but I'm too tired to figure it out.
These pictures, although a pain to take sometimes with remembering and a not so cooperative baby... I'm glad I have them to enjoy. I think the biggest change came between months 4 and 5, then 8 and 9. I can't believe a year ago, I was laying in the hospital pushing for hours to bring this little babe to the world, and as much as I thought I was going to die for those long short hours, I would do it all over again.
I have a new appreciation for being a mom. For a girl who could never really picture herself being a mom, I think with the right simplified life I could have lots of kids. My life revolves around sleep, and I've had more sleepless nights than I thought was possible. I can't stomach the sight or smell of throw up, but have now endured it three miraculous times (one being tonight)... and let me just add Carson takes 'go big or go home' to heart, he up-chucks more liquid than a gallon of milk - it's gross. The things I thought I could never endure, I'll do anything for our little man. And I just love him to pieces.

5 comments:
I'm so glad you did these pictures. They are so cute. He's darling in the 12 month picture - like after a year he's figured out what this is all about. Maybe it was a quick shot out of 30, but it totally looks like he just sat there and posed for you. Wait...we're talking about Carson who never poses or looks at the camera...ok, it was a random shot out of 30.
Happy birthday Carson! If you think the first year was fast, the second is even faster. It's too bad we can't freeze them where we want.
I gave up on the month to month pictures, and i regret it big time. good job for keeping it up and happy birthday carson!
I can't believe he's 1 year already. That's crazy. He's super cute though.
It is amazing what we will do for our children. Tonight I cleaned up a pile of 3 day old puke don't ask I don't want to talk about it. Good job with the pics.
Post a Comment