Carson was pretty much the center of attention - which he loves, and secretly I love (for the break) so it's a win-win. The oops for the trip was my packing ability... and not even thinking to pack the little man any pants for the weekend. I must have just figured he would play inside the whole time because it was a little too chilly outside for him. I should have known better. He wanted to be where the boys were, riding four wheelers, watching while running up and down the balcony. What’s a mom to do... I bundled him with what I had and off he went, riding with Jordan and Sam, and watching with Grandpa. He survived, but looked so goofy with his socks and sandals matched with cargo shorts. I couldn't help but laugh at myself.
Jordan was so excited to take Carson out on a mini-four wheeler ride.
He loved watching from the balcony as all the boys drove by. He kept pointing with wide eyes and his high pitched 'eh', 'eh' noises.
It snowed/hailed/rained randomly while we were there. One minute it would be nice and sunny out, and the next, the sky would be dark and a downpour would start. The weather couldn't make up it's mind. Haylee insisted on doing a rain & snow dance.
There's something about the cabin that makes us dance, like crazy dance. We all hear the most obnoxious hit songs from the teenagers iPods and dance the day and night away. I thoroughly enjoy all the mini-dance sessions.
Shields Annual Easter Egg Hunt
The Easter bunny found Carson at the cabin and left him a few fun things.
Carson had his very own baby/toddler section at the annual Easter egg hunt. It took him a minute, but he got the hang of it and ran from egg to egg; then threw them like they were balls. Sometimes in the direction of the basket, and sometimes not :)
He wanted everyone to share with him.
Marx Annual Easter Egg Hunt
We made it back in town just in time for the Easter egg hunt at Matt & Ashley's with all the cousins. Carson figured out this time around that their was something inside the eggs...
I love that Carson has some cousins to be with and cause mischief. Him and Parker were trying really hard to figure out how the both of them could possibly fit in the car together.
We had a lovely Easter at the cabin, and enjoyed spending time with both families.
No comments:
Post a Comment