I enjoyed the day with the handsome little boy that made me a mother. I feel so grateful for the opportunity I have been given to be a mom to him. I sit back in amazement and can't believe I'm actually a mom, it's seems so surreal sometimes. I hear the words from teenage young women all the time about their desire to "be a [sahm] mom when they grow up..." and quite frankly at that age, I didn't really have the burning desire to ever have kids. I even remember having a conversation with Jordan when we were dating about how I didn't really think I would have kids, and if I did, maybe only one or two (at the most!). I'm pretty sure it was my interaction with other people's kids that always turned me off to the idea. I'm just glad that Jordan didn't really take me seriously and knew that actually being married would change my mind.
Words can't describe the love and overwhelming gratitude I have for Heavenly Father for allowing me to care for and help guide Carson's sweet spirit. He is such a calm, happy and playful toddler. Heavenly Father must have known that my first needed to have Jordan's calm and patient personality or he might have been my one and only.
No comments:
Post a Comment