July 3, 2011

Utah Bound

Jordan and I took a quick trip to Salt Lake for his cousin Kendra's wedding. And when I mean quick, the airport parking receipt said we were gone a total of 15 hours and 9 minutes... which made for a long day. But we had a great time, and I'm glad we got to be there with her and the rest of his extended family.
 I love Kendra, she's so funny.... I wasn't quick enough to get a "coming out" picture, but this one just makes me laugh.
Kendra was so giddy and had a smile from ear-to-ear all day, while Brach wasn't so keen on all the attention. 
I've never been inside the Salt Lake Temple, and the sealing was perfect. I would love to go back one day and do an actual session.
 Out of nowhere it started to downpour. I guess when the weather says 30% rainshowers, they mean business. Luckily, it wasn't very long and we took cover in the bride/groom exit, then in the Jospeh Smith Memorial Building until the luncheon began.
We found out some random trivia about SLC temple weddings from the temple patrons and the photographer. During the summer months they have on average 140 weddings a day. That's insane. No wonder people get married on days other than Fri, and Sat.
Janell and Kendra have such a special bond. Seeing them together reminded me of the special relationship I have with my mom and especially on my own wedding day. I don't know what I would have done without her. Mom's do so much for the brides - they just want the day to be perfect for their little girls. And Janell was no exception, she went above and beyond with all the little details. The backyard garden reception was beautiful and I wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the amazing surrounding. But even better about flying up and back was knowing we didn't have to make the 7 hour drive home from Grantsville when the reception was over.

No comments: