The next week at our ward Christmas party, Santa meet & greet number 2 went superb as well. Carson sat on his lap without hesitation and again told him he wanted a bike and turtle... a turtle?! I'm scratching my head and have no idea where on Earth he got this turtle idea, but I can't crush his Santa dreams just yet, he's a believer that whatever he asks for Santa's going to bring, but a turtle.
Once again, all the neighbors on the Shields street went all out with Christmas lights. They are always trying to one-up another (in a friendly) way. This year Pete got out the ol projector and decided to play a Christmas movie on the garage each night. It was actually a cute idea and the neighborhood kids would totally come over to watch it. Once night the Turners showed up, and Carson had to be outside eating popcorn and hot chocolate right there with them. He thrives to be in all the action too.
We had our friend Elf, Lolly come visit us the month of December. She watched Carson, and then left every night to report his behavior to the North pole then came back and was magically in a new spot... some days she stayed put, but other days she appeared in the craziest places. I really want to start fun little traditions with my kids. And I'm determined to do my best. Having Lolly was fun! I didn't go all out and do crazy things with/to her every day - heck, she was lucky to move, but Carson loved her and that's all that matters. I can't wait until he actually understands the concept of being naughty vs. nice and Brynlee can join in on the fun too!
No comments:
Post a Comment