February 22, 2013

Back on Mazeno Peak.

New paint. New carpet. New shelving. Cute kids!
I'm [slowly] learning that I can't have control over everything, life is hard and I've had to rely more on faith in Heavenly Father that although some decisions make absolutely no logical sense we should do them anyway. Looking back, I'm grateful for the crazy inspiration that came to us to rent our house. There was so many times I thought, wow we wouldn't have been able to pay for this (expense) had we still been in our house, especially our cute Brynlee surprise... and what a redheaded doll she is! There were many times I shed a tear to just have a plan, any plan but realized God knew the plan and I needed to learn patience and trust him to work out the minor details of things that logically seemed impossible but with lots of faith and prayer they magically worked out. It's unbelievable that through every step of the way, things worked out right when they needed to and looking back with every back step, in the long run we were able to jump two steps forward - I just had to open my eyes to see it! I'll be forever grateful to my in-laws. They unselfishly gave up their space and privacy to let us live with them and went out of there way to make us feel as welcomed and comfortable as possible. Which truly was one of the biggest blessing of all.

Now we are all moved back into our home on Mazeno Peak... and it feels so great! I'm so happy. When our renters abruptly left the beginning of January it kinda just made sense to go back sooner than we anticipated, we weren't even planning to until May-ish. We got all new carpet, had the entire house professionally painted and hired a cleaning lady to deep clean the place. It really felt like a new house. I've slowly unpacked, and somewhat organized the kids rooms and rearranged. The computer space is now downstairs, our loft is the new playroom, Brynlee's room is Carson's old room, Carson has the old "guest" room. For living in such small quarters for 15 months, I swear we accumulated twice as much stuff, it's craziness. I still have so much to do. And I can't decide on what and where to hang things so I'm afraid my walls may be bare for awhile but just elated to be back into our own home again as a small little family.
I'm in love with my new spice rack - it makes me feel like a professional

My mom made me the most adorable curtains for our sliding glass door
We've started attending our old ward again. I missed it so much once we moved, but now I miss my in-laws ward too. I wish I could just do both but obviously that's not possible. I sit in church and she so many people I know, and it feels like we never left but then I glance around again and think, wow! there's a lot that have moved, and a lot that have moved in. I feel new but old all at the same time.





No comments: