The month of December flew by in a blink. Here are some pictures of a few of my favorite things (and people).
My kids love the rain, but they don't like to dance in it. So we open the window to "touch" it.
Bedtime stories. Brynlee is getting so big, she's now graduated into the bedtime routine with Carson.
I scored this free water/sand table set out for the trash. My kids are loving it!! They even played nicely together for more than 2 minutes.
The Aston's added a snow machine to their outdoor decorations this year. One night we decided to go play in the snow.
Lolli, our Elf of a Shelf returned after Thanksgiving. She just hangs out around the house for the month.
| Carson loves Grandma Great Shields dog Buddy. |
| Brynlee was trying to take Buddy on a walk too. |
| Grandma Great Shields, Carson + Buddy. |
| Brynlee loves Baby James... |
| I'm not so sure what Baby James thinks of Brynlee. But we sure love watching him every other Thursday during music class. |
I consider this playdate a failed success. Carson was dying to go to the Museum. We invited his friend Jaxon and headed down to the Discovery Museum only to find out it's closed on Mondays. I had two really disappointed (and crying) boys on my hand. On the way home, I had the idea to take them bowling and it was a huge hit. They loved it and it ended up being so cheap. $1/game and since their feet were so small, I didn't have to buy them shoes. Win-Win.
| This was at the Discovery Museum a few days later. Brynlee hardly smiles so when she does, it's too cute not to capture. |
Some really good friends in our ward were relocating to Utah and needed to make a quick trip to find a rental. I offered to watch their 5 kids while they were gone, making me a mom to 7 for a few days. I don't know how you have enough hours in the day between school carpool, preschool, homework, sports, scouts, mutual, and on, and on. Phew, I survived and am so content with my simple non-school aged schedule with two.
| I did manage to feed them a real meal, so I consider that a big accomplishment. |
We took the kids to see Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Carson loved Saint Nick and asked for Jake and Captain Hook pirate ships and a four-wheeler for Christmas. Brynlee was terrified and screamed bloody murder.
| Christmas 2013 |
Carson's preschool had a pajama party for Christmas. The night before he told me he wanted his truck pajamas. So I washed them and set them out all ready to go. I felt like I was being all mom prepared. When it was time to get ready for preschool he went to his drawer and grabbed the shirt he is wearing. Apparently we were thinking about different truck pajamas. I flipped his room and my laundry room upside down looking for the bottoms that went to the top he pulled out of his drawer.... and I struck out. He was as happy as can be wearing his trucks shirt, and the pants with trucks on them. I was totally embarrassed they weren't a matching set but I was out of time. So much for trying to be prepared and not procrastinating.
This is Carson buddy Sam. We had him, and his brother over for a play date when their mom had surgery. They were so funny dressing up in all sorts of super hero get-up and pretending to take over the world. Boys have the biggest imaginations.
Our friends invited us to ride along on a hay-ride through the christmas light display out at the Las Vegas Speedway. It was so a little chilly outside but still super fun. Their trailer hayride had wired speakers so we could listen to Christmas music as we drove through. It was seriously a blast, and I hope they do it again next year!!
| Brynlee hands down has the best bed-head ever! |
| Carson and I did some simple Christmas decoration crafts together. He wanted to practice using scissors. |
No comments:
Post a Comment