January 3, 2014

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

I love the holidays! Jordan was off work a good portion of the time so it was fun having him home so much. I love that about family run businesses. Days/time off are less complicated, and more convenient.

On Christmas Eve we went and had soup & bread bowls for a late afternoon lunch with Jordan's extended family at Grandpa & Grandma Hafen's. Each extended family had to perform something of some sort. Terri, Trisha & I sang with Carson his favorite primary song lately, "Oh, Samuel." (Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus)


Later on, we enjoyed a nice dinner, live (first ever) cousin nativity and gift exchange at my parents' house. We were spoiled with gifts and $$, and the coolest 72 hr. survival grab bag with awesome disaster necessities. I can't imagine a natural disaster in Vegas, but if it did come to pass... rest assured we'd be prepared ;)

We spent the night at Jordan's parents house for what will likely be the last time. It was lots of work hauling presents and playing Santa, and we're ready to be at home on Christmas morning with our own little family, and excited to start new traditions like having grandparents come visit us :) But it was really nice to be there this year with all his little brothers being home together for the first time in 5+ years, and the last time before the Shields family begins to rapidly grow again.
Carson's stocking & Santa gift

Brynlee's Stocking & Santa gift



Carson and Brynlee were equally spoiled as the only grandchildren/niece& nephew. Santa brought them a new power wheel and backyard playhouse that they are both loving and learning to share! 

We stopped by the farm in Mesquite on our way to the cabin for New Years'. Carley's family came up to spend New Year's Eve with the family and it was great to get to know them better. Zack will fit right in with the Davis'.

Carson is such a hard little worker
We seriously thought one of grandpa's cows was dead. I sent Jordan out to check on it.
Luckily, the cow was just taking a little nap.
I can't believe another year has gone by... so quickly. I have yet to send out Christmas cards in our married life but if I did, our year in review would consist of something like this. We moved back into our home the beginning of Februry after some new carpet, paint, and pantry/closet custom shelving. We are loving the space! Carson turned 3, and Brynlee turned 1. The mister is working hard stuccoing the real estate of Mesquite and I spend my days at home with our adorable kids. Jordan is still serving in the Stake YM's and is really enjoying the teenagers. I was called to teach the CTR7 class in primary and I love it!! My favorite part is attending all their cute baptisms almost every month. We committed and read the entire BoM as a family this year and reaped the blessings that brought Jordan and I closer as a couple and tighter as a family. I worked hard and finished my Bachelor's degree in August and celebrated by walking across the UNLV stage in December. We have been tried, tested and blessed this year and we are ready for the exciting adventures that await us in 2014!


No comments: