April 21, 2014

Spring Break, the Cabin & Easter

This week Carson was on "Spring Break" from preschool, music and basketball.... without things to do for Carson, he goes stir-crazy. We spent many afternoons at the park for hours.

Wednesday night, Grandma Marx had him over for a sleepover. He watched grandpa change the brakes, enjoyed playing with all grandma's Legos (his new obsession), and loved sleeping on the grand kids couch bed in the playroom.
Thursday, I had quite a few errands to run and somehow Carson negotiated/talked me into Smashburger. We were really enjoying our time out and about and the kids were behaving great. For once, I felt like I was on top of this motherhood gig.

Friday morning we had fun doing an Easter egg hunt with friends, and afterward headed out to the cabin for the weekend with some of Jordan's family.
Carson thinks it's tradition now to stop and feed cows anytime we drive through Mesquite, but since it took us over two hours to get to Mesquite because of road construction -- we all needed a little a break from the car.

Brynlee isn't the greatest car traveler. She basically whined and cried the whole way
to Mesquite and on... poor girl, or poor mom.

Once we finally made it to the cabin, we spent the weekend playing games. I played Clue for the first time ever and loved it-- I think it's my new favorite. Grandpa & Jordan took the kids on endless four-wheeler rides, played xbox, and Trisha stayed up with Carson way past his bedtime watching movies with him. 




Sunday night we came home to the Marx cousins Easter egg hunt at my parents.
It was nice to end the weekend to a great week with family. I'm truly grateful for the atoning sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ, because of him I can continually be forgiven of my many faults and weaknesses. I believe in Christ.

1 comment:

ashley said...

ummm...we played clue this weekend at our cabin too! GREAT MINDS!!!