May 25, 2014

Last Disney Hurrah, for now.

Our annual passes expired last week so we needed one last Disney fix beforehand. We drove down Monday late morning and spent the afternoon in the park with just our little family. It was great! Brynlee rode on autopia for the first time, and boy am I never driving with her again - haha! She insisted I never touch the wheel and would screech at me every time I tried, so it was a pretty bumpy ride but the grin on her face was worth it. She was in heaven driving! Now it makes total sense to me why she loves Mr. Toad's ride so much... because she's the designated driver.







Jordan and I get comments everywhere we go about having two redheads. How cute they are? Where did the hair come from? How people pay so much money for that color? And the list goes on.. If I end up having all redhead kids, I'm writing a book! Taking care of their fair skin in the sun should give me enough material on its own.
Tuesday we were joined by Ian & Leslie, and Pete & Terri. It was hot! Anaheim was having a history record heat wave, so the weather was less than ideal and reminded me why we don't go during the summer months. The kids have the time of their life riding, and Carson is so enthusiastic about everything! Brynlee has been somewhat clingy and irritable the last few weeks and was getting restless and tired from the day. She was wondering around in the street while the rest of us were casually people watching and enjoying a churro outside the bakery in California Adventure. The trolley was coming so I went to scoop her up to avoid being hit and she passed out and went limp in my arms. This is the third time she has done this in the last few months, but this episode lasted longer and had me way more concerned. We headed back to the hotel and got her some gatorade and something to eat thinking she was likely dehydrated and tired from the day. I also decided that I wanted her to see our pediatrician as soon as we got home. We got an extra fan in our room, and Pete & Terri stayed with me until Jordan and Carson came back from riding a few more rides for the night.







Wednesday, Ian & Leslie went off on their own and we took it easy with the kids. Jordan and Carson took off to ride some of the bigger rides, while Brynlee and I enjoyed our time in Fantasyland. It was fun to just go on rides the two of us. She didn't care which ones, she loves them all and since you could practically walk on  them, we just went from one-to-one. The boys rode Cars twice, before we headed out late afternoon.



Sometimes trip aren't always peachy, and things happen. This trip had it's hiccups, but we still decided that for now, we LOVE bringing our kids to Disneyland. Yesterday, they announced an increase in ticket prices again. That makes me sad because eventually it could quite possibility become out of our budget when we have to start buying more annual passes for our kids. I'm just glad that at this point in our life, we make it work and love the memories we're making there.

No comments: