May 18, 2014

Stake Youth Activities, Basketball and LPM Recital

End of the year stake youth activities have been in full force around here. We've had 2 super busy weekends (for Jordan). Youth Conference pretty much took over his life. He left early, got home late, and ran crazy in between! I snuck over a few times with the kids to see how the festivities were going. Saturday night, Ashley watched the kids so I could go "hang-out" with him during the dinner and dance. He was busy running around, and I made myself useful in the kitchen serving and washing dishes so we didn't necessarily see each other much but I was just in awe of my husband. The young men really look up to him. He knows most of them by name, jokes with them and truly cares about their well-being. It makes me happy that he's so willing and able to serve.
 Last weekend was the Spring Formal Prom. So he was busy helping in various ways for that. I would say I'm pretty good at getting things on the calendar and knowing where he has to be and when he's gone but in my head, I just know the kids and I are on our own that night. But when he was getting all dressed up and I found out that all the other spouses were going... I felt super lame for not pre-planning and getting a babysitter so I could go with him. So, my husband went to stag to prom. Total wife fail.


Now the countdown until the bike ride begins... 4 more weeks, and I will finally get my husband back on Saturdays. He's been going on stake training rides every other Saturday since the 1st of January. Jordan has never been on a bike in that capacity, but I love his supportive attitude. At first he's just endured the journey since it was something he felt he had to do because of his calling, but now I secretly think he actually might be enjoying it. I hate to speak so soon since the longest day ride he's done is 72 miles, maybe after riding 500+ from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas he may not be so enthusiastic.

Carson continued to ham it up on the basketball court. If you have not seen 4 year old little tykes basketball, you are seriously missing out! It brings fun, laughter and cheers all in one. Carson has really excelled every week and we love to go watch him play!! Jordan was finally able to make a game since one fell on a week he didn't have a ride scheduled so Carson was extra excited to have his dad there.

We stopped on our way home from basketball and saw great-grandpa Shields wall stone. We haven't been back since his funeral so it was nice to see it all completed. It really stands out and looks so great!!

Carson had his Let's Play Music 1st year recital! I loved watching him. He sang all the songs so loud and proud. When it was his turn to play the bells, he did so well. I love this program and am so glad I heard about it. He's now officially a 2nd year green turtle/yellow arrow and will start applying what he's learned about the staff and notes and begin playing on the keyboard. Our teacher, Ms. Kim was just certified as a Sound Beginnings teacher so I'm going to sign up Brynlee to start that little pre-LPM program too!




No comments: