Jordan’s extended family is growing so rapidly that they
decided that they would start doing a reunion every summer with
his Grandma & Grandpa Hafen’s posterity and all the siblings would take a
turn planning and putting it together. Since his mom is the oldest,
Pete & Terri planned the very first one. It’s no surprise that Terri’s happy
place and favorite vacation spot during the summer months in on Huntington Beach—so
we planned to spend the weekend in Southern California. We went down a few days
early to take the kids to Legoland and Knotts Berry Farm.
Thursday - Pete & Terri joined us for Legoland. It was ok. We did a
lot of walking and map-looking. We had no idea where we were going. Ha, I
honestly felt like one of those people I laugh at while we’re at Disneyland walking
around with their maps trying to navigate. It was really comical for us. The lines for rides were long, and
the ride themselves aren't. Carson was probably a good age but still didn't have very many ride options,
and I think Brynlee was tall enough for maybe 2-3. We did a lot of walking and looking, opposed to riding.
Saturday - was the reunion at Huntington Beach. I am really loving this stage of life. I sat on the beach and enjoyed watching my kids run and play in the water and in the sand. I didn't have a baby or young toddler that needed constant attention but two little ones that I could just sit back, watch and enjoy! I know that will change when we have more kids but for now, it was really relaxing. I also loved catching-up with Jordan's cousins and their wives. We don't see each other often, but I married into a really fun family. And they are great to get-to-gether with. We played at the beach all day. Carson loved playing horseshoes and wiffle ball with all the big kids. Brynlee just loved being in the sand with all the cousins her age. When the sun was setting, we moved the party up the beach to some fire pits we reserved to have dinner and roast smores' around the campfire until way past bedtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment