Garrett & Trisha have been wanting to start a family for the past several years. While she's been an amazing aunt and pretty much second mom to my kids, my heart still broke for her to experience motherhood too. I always knew she would be a fantastic mom, as well as Garrett a dad. We have prayed and fasted many times for them. Last fall they underwent unsuccessful fertility treatments that made my heart break for them again. It's hard to be so close to someone, yet have no idea what they are going through, and then continued to be blessed yourself with something they long for. I was nervous when we were pregnant with Brynlee, but then when we found out we were expecting again with number 3... it was something I really dreaded telling them. Not that I didn't think they would be happy and thrilled, but deep down I knew the pain was still very real.
During Christmas, our family prayed and experienced spiritual hope that this coming year would be THE year. They were going in for more fertility treatments and we just felt like this would be it. After coming home from our annual New Years' weekend to the cabin, I got a text super late one night from Trisha asking some questions about adoption (since I previously worked for an adoption attorney). The late night timing was odd, I told Jordan I wondered if they were thinking of adoption but answered her text back and left it at that. She later told us the exciting news of the opportunity that had been presented to them to adopt, and although there were a few hoops to jump through, they were going to jump at the chance that maybe this was the answer to their prayers. Not the answer they were anticipating but the same answer to become parents through a different avenue.
Fast forward 10 weeks, and an adorable little girl Harper Lynn Mireya Tucker was born on March 5, 2015. Trisha was able to be at the hospital shortly after her birth and take care of her in the recovery room for the next 72 hours while waiting for the paperwork to be complete. We were SO HAPPY and THRILLED for them. This little girl is our miracle baby, and we will be forever grateful for the selfless sacrifice and decision her birth mom made to give Garrett & Trisha the opportunity to become her parents and love her unconditionally.
We got to meet baby Harper on Sunday night when they were released from the hospital. Brynlee was on cloud nine! We'd been talking to her about baby Harper for a few weeks, so she could not wait to meet and hold her.
No comments:
Post a Comment