I’m smart, only when I apply myself. To get a B, I have to study, and read, and all of the above. It doesn’t come natural and I suck horribly at taking tests. Even when I know the material inside and out I still fall flat on my face. So I’ve always been perfectly content with C’s. When my sister on the other hand is perfect. Always gets straight A’s, very studious, yady-yada. Too make matters worse I’m the biggest procrastinator on the face of the planet. Like tonight I have an exam on chapters 10, 11, & 12 and haven’t even bought the book. Less than two hours in counting.
This is my favorite story that makes my sister cringe. In sixth grade, we had to write this one page essay about something for Mrs. Waite’s class. My sister and I both had her, just different periods. My sister probably wrote the essay 20 times and would keep re-writing until it was PERFECT. Well since it was due the next day, I walked by the trash can in our room and saw a crumbled up essay she had thrown out, picked it up, read it, thought it was good enough, re-wrote it word for word, and turned it in! Our teacher turned it into an essay contest to win this racing experience out at the speedway, and I won 3rd place. For something I walked by and grabbed out of the garbage. My sister was so mad! It was GREAT.
Onto my husband lying to me. I help Jordan write papers for school. Because seriously this kid has a research paper a week it seems like. We worked out some kind of deal and for whatever reason I agreed to write this one research paper for him. Little did I know it was going to take me hours upon hours. He told me it was due Monday. So I had to do it by Saturday night, since we try not to do homeowrk on the weekends and never on Sunday, which carries over to me when its HIS assignments. So it took me like 5 hours to do this lame paper on first impression love connections for his non-verbal communication class that I know nothing about and reading the guidelines for the paper, I find out I needed way more time to do this, way more citations, way more information, and have to use APA format. What the heck is APA?
I slaved over the paper. Stayed up way too late Saturday night, way past my bedtime and when all was said and done Jordan told me it wasn’t even due until next WEDNESDAY!! Wednesday? Seriously! I could have done this next week?!! I was pleasantly mad, actually shocked. I didn’t know what to say. Why did he lie you ask? His reply, because he knew I was a PROCRASTINATOR and he wanted it done. And if he told me it wasn't actually due until Wednesday than I wouldn't start it until Tuesday night and be all stressed out, and he was just trying to save me from being flustered. I can’t believe he lied with a straight face. {I was glad it was done, but really?!}
Well, he got the paper back 65 out of 75, that’s a 87%. I even did better than my own standards. Yes!
Hopefully my criminal justice exam tonight goes that well.
6 comments:
boys will be boys! On a different note, I totally cracked up about you taking your sister's paper out of the trash. That's awesome.
you forgot to mention the SCHOLARSHIP they gave you too! GRRRRRRRRRR! I'm glad my work was recognized even if I wasn't :D
you sound just like me Jenn! content with my Cs, takes a lot of effort (unlike taylor, grr), and huge procrastinator. For real that whole book thing... that sounds about like me. Glad to know I'm not the only one out there =) Hope you did alright~
It wasn't a scholarship, it was a US Savings Bond. And I happened to see it in the safe the other night. You might want to go cash it in before the US goes bankrupt...
And then you can use the money to take me to lunch...
You are hilarious! I love ya girl! Let's get together soon!
Post a Comment