March 20, 2009

Party like a rockstar.

My girlfriend Steph is getting married this weekend. We went out for some dinner and dancing to celebrate her upcoming nuptials to Parker. Jordan and I love hanging out with Parker & Stephanie, they've become our good "married" friends even though technically they weren't married yet.

A group of us went to dinner at PinkTaco at the HardRock. It was just ok. I'd never been there before but the reason most girls get together is to talk. And the restuarant was so loud we could barely hear what each other was saying. Regardless I miss all these ladies.. we need to get together more often than just when someone's getting married.


Next we went dancing, not your ordinary dancing,
but POLE DANCING!

It was the most fun I've had in a long time. Steph's sisters set up private lessons for all of us to learn to pole dance. I personally like the chair dancing more, but you don't need to know that. We did yoga and pilates stretches that maybe in the appropriate setting could be provacatic but nonetheless, with a group of ten girls and a professional dancer teaching us her skills we were laughing pretty hard. It was pretty intense. Great cardio and core ab workout! The studio we did it at offers pilates, yoga and bootcamp workouts. I would totally consider doing it if I had extra mulah.



Then we headed to The Strip, and did ridiculous things in the name of one last night of freedom.


Ashley proposed on bended knee, and got rejected. It was so funny, especially when she told the guy she was already married.


Staci, Shellese, Stephanie, Ashley, Me, Ashley, Beth, Heidi, Michelle

6 comments:

Kim Marx said...

not only did you cut your hair off, it's really blonde. Cute. Pathetic I have to see the new doo on your blog.

ashley said...

i am so jealous. ive always wanted to go pole dancing :)

Kara said...

I just have to say.... I LOVE your hair!! love it.

Sarah said...

Jen, maybe now that you're so well-versed in pole dancing, you could teach a special interest group in RS. Then we could go home and show off our new skills to our husbands. I know that the Elders' quorum would REALLY appreciate it.

Parker & Stephanie Smith said...

Jen!!! That was definitely a lot of fun, and you danced like a pro! Thanks for celebrating with me!

Rachael said...

To respond to your comment about allergies: that was just to show that the test was working-it didn't mean that he was allergic to anything.