I wrote a cute little talk in sacrament with accompanying pictures and got to primary early to round up some volunteers from my class! Oh, I love how Emma, Lexie, Lizzy and Ethan were so willing to help. They did so well. It made me a little sad their parents didn’t get to see them preform. I know that’s like a highlight in some families.
Second, did you know Prophet Nephi is a Superhero?
Did I really just teach them that? That question has been running through my head all day. It makes me have that weird grin/confused face like seriously, Jenn? It was just one of those days. My primary teaching skills were definitely lacking today.

It started with waterworks when it wasn't good enough that hang-man be a "boy". He now needed to be a superhero or tears would start flowing. I don't handle tears very well. I've decided only one child is allowed to cry each week, not three. So I went with it. We would hang a superhero.
The lesson was on Nephi being commanded to go and get the plates from Laban. One of the pictures was of Nephi standing over Laban, dead and a knife sticking out of him. The superhero theme continued . . . Nephi killed Laban. Then dressed up in the bad guy's clothes to trick the servant Zoram into giving him the plates.
I can only imagine the thoughts of the parents as their 4 & 5 year olds thinking Nephi is a Superhero. He is, I guess, in a weird sort of round-a-bout way.
The lesson I think ended well. They got the point of the story, even if I did tell it as if I was watching a Saturday cartoon.
1 comment:
hi-LARIOUS!
Post a Comment