May 26, 2009

San Diego Sun

We spent the memorial-day holiday with Brad & Kara in San Deigo. It was so nice to get away for the weekend and not have to worry about anything.

Friday we went to the Zoo. It was fun to go with Little Miss Hallie. She runs and walks and makes all the sounds of the animals. I think it was here that she made her instant connection with Jordan. She totally loves him more than me.
Friday night we went to see the Padres v. the Cubs. We love going to baseball games and I think that if we lived in a city that had a professional baseball team, we would be broke because Jordan would want to go to every home game. We were introduced to the Track or Trolley system there. I think it's amazing and wished Las Vegas wasn't so poorly planned so we could have somewhat of a reliable transit system. It was also Friarworks Friday, and we definitely enjoyed the show!

Saturday was Beach Day. We went down to La Jolla Shores. It was so busy. The beach was wall to wall people, probably because it was a holiday weekend, but it made for some great people watching! I didn't go near the water but I'm sure it was cold, too cold for me. I like to just sit there and do nothing. I read the dirt on Jon & Kate while Jordan and Brad played with Hallie and tossed a football around. I wished I lived in southern california. The weather is always soo nice.

Sunday we went to church, had the usual naps and after sunday dinner headed down to Seaport Harbor. This was my favorite place! It was so fun to walk around the little shops and restuarants. One day I want to go back and eat at one of the restuarants by the sea.

It was a very relaxing weekend. We had a blast chit-chatting and laughing with Brad & Kara. I can't believe how big Hallie is getting. She was barely 3 months old when Jordan & I got married and now she's almost 2. Time sure does fly by. She loves Jordan and would totally confuse him for her dad. He was so good with her. Thanks guys for being great hosts and letting us crash at your apartment and showing us all the fun things about San Diego.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Thanks for coming! We enjoyed having you here. We hope you come more often!! (and hopefully next time you come I won't have to be working most of the time you're here).

Those pictures of us at Seaport Village crack me up. Fun times, great memories!

Amanda and Taylor said...

Jenn those are such great pictures!! You will have to let me know how you did that? Like the collage stuff, I want to do that with my pix. oh-em-gee... that albino burm. BEAUTIFUL! We have one of those! Her name is Sage. Glad y'all had a great long weekend =) They're the best!

Sara Bingham said...

Fun! Cute Pics