May 4, 2009

Week 18

So much for writing on my weekly primary adventures.

I got all teary-eyed when Chase bore his testimony, all two words of it. I love seeing my primary kiddos get up there. They are so sweet.

Since hate is such a strong word, dislike may seem more appropriate for how I feel at the moment. So I passionately dislike sharing and singing time each week. I haven’t always felt this way - I love singing primary songs, but for the last month, I dread it. All because I have no help. No help with nine wiggly rambunctious children, although ALL are just so stinkin’ cute! Two girls always want to sit on my lap. Two boys are constantly turned upside down backwards through their chairs. One is always sitting on the floor with his ears plugged. At least two are crying for various reasons throughout the hour, all among the normal talking, whispering, arranging marriages, etc. This is the norm. And it’s been fine. With four hands, and two laps to tag-team. I would like to think I use to have it all under control, until Jordan got a new calling over a month ago which left me without a co-teacher/sidekick. Hopefully, the madness will end soon. I’m not sure how many more Sundays I can take by my lonesome during sharing and singing time.

On the other hand, class is getting so much funner. I can handle that ALL on my own. It must be the closed environment wall-to-wall counseling that contains the excitement. I’ve figured out what teaching techniques work best for them. They seem to be understanding the concepts so much more. They like pictures. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and they could careless what I’m saying if I don’t have a picture to prove it.

And I need to find a sub for memorial day weekend coming up. This all in itself, is the worst task of all. Really!

1 comment:

Rebekah Mills said...

I feel your pain! hang in there. This too shall pass.