I totally lost it.
As I was driving to my sister's last night. I was driving down Washburn totally minding my own business. Speeding obviously, but the innocent kind of driving when you're just cruisin' down the street listening to music and thinking obliviously, probably doing like 50. When all of a sudden out of nowhere something smacks my windshield dead center. It made the loudest sound. I got extremely tense, and I remember closing my eyes and scrunching down a little bit while slamming on the breaks and coming to a screeching halt. I think my heart stopped. Literally, stopped. I was so shakin' up. I pulled over into this side street, took a few deep breathes, and got out to look at my car. Absolutely nothing was wrong with it. No cracks in the windshield. No dents on the hood. nothing. Then I noticed a few water spots that probably otherwise wouldn't have looked out of the ordinary expect Jordan just got my car fully detailed - so it was pretty spotless. Now I'm pissed. So I drove back out onto Washburn going into the direction that I thought the unknown projectile was coming from and sure enough, water balloon pieces all over the street. Just then, I see two little heads popping up from one the backyards lining the street. The little stinker has a water balloon in his hand, yellow in color and fully loaded to take out another target. I whipped my car around and stopped in the middle of the street, opened my door and started screaming at the kids telling them they hit my car and I was going to call the cops. They only looked like 6 or 7 years old. I asked where their parents were and he said his mom was inside while trying to hold back the tears. I told him to go get her, and he sat their begging and pleading with me not to tell his mommy. His mom came out and I told her the kids were throwing water balloons over the wall, one hit my car, and totally scared the crap out of me. That someone could get hurt or loose control and she should probably be watching her kids a little more carefully. Then I said I understand it was probably an accident and they didn't mean too but really it's dangerous. She told me they would be punished, blah blah.
Now I feel bad. Some little kids probably got beat last night because I flipped out on them and made them go get there mom. I almost wanted to go back and apologize for the way I acted or over-reacted but I didn't know what house it was. For crying out loud I was parked in the middle of Washburn Road yelling at a lady over a brick wall. I'm not sure if it was innocent tossing water balloons over the wall and one just happen to hit mine at the exact right time or if this was a calculated attack on driver-byers by two delinquent minors.
So was my screaming justified? Would you be pissed?
My mom laughed and told me just don't be offended in ten years when some crazy lady comes and yells at me for something stupid my kids do.
7 comments:
It sounds like they were doing it on purpose. I think your reaction was justified in that their parents needed to know what was going on. Someone could've gotten seriously hurt
This so could have been my boys....sorry but I was laughing because my boys are SO into water balloons these days. I am full from all the words I have eaten since becoming a parent. I really don't think 6 and 7 year olds have that good of timing and aim to do it on purpose.
I think what you did is what they needed, Because they won't be kids when they get older to throw firecrakers, snowballs, or anything else that would be "fun" at cars.
Scare the kids straight, Then inform the mom, I would have done that too. Or better ask them thier address, and go knock on the door. I had that happen to me. Scary
You did the right thing. I would want to know if my kids are doing punky things like that. But... I also know that many parents out there seriously don't care if there kids do crap like that. So... if it was a first time offense for those kids... they probably didn't get beat, but they got a yelling!
hahaha. I can so picture Devin doing something like this when he was a kid. I totally understand your reaction. I probably would have done the same thing. But your mom is so right-Someday your kids will be doing the same thing, so you'll just have to laugh at it.
I think you were totally justified! I also wish I could have been there to see it because I just can't picture you yelling at these little innocent kids!!!I must admit I was laughing while reading it!!
You are adorable, and I wish you would have spoken up sooner...I'll write more via email, and I'll send you an invite. Thx for stopping in girl!
Post a Comment