August 28, 2009

Beach Bliss

We went down to Huntington for the annual Shields beach trip. Jordan’s parents decided a month was good vacation length so we all headed down at various times to enjoy the ocean breeze. While we were there I thought about taking out my camera, but was really just too lazy to do it.
We went to San Diego and toured the USS Midway and cheered on major league baseball at the Padres v. Cubs game.

In true Shields fashion, we spent a day at Disneyland and I saw Fantasmic for the first time.


I am not much a of a reader. It doesn’t usually appeal to me other than my weekly dose of People gossip. So this week, not only did I read one book, but two! I needed something to do while sitting on the beach, and I just happened to pick a book with a sequel. So once I started I had to know how it ended even if they were the cheesiest mormon books ever. When I think of this line in the book, it still makes me crack up, "She looked so beautiful sitting there reading the Ensign." Seriously, it was that corny, but still an entertaining read.

No comments: