February 21, 2010

Ready or Not, Here He Comes.

The anticipation for little Carson to get here gives me butterflies. I am so nervous and so excited all at the same time. We’re both so ready for him to get here and feel so blessed for the opportunity. I know it’s hard for some, and we feel so grateful it came so easy when we were ready.

8 Months

Here I am at 36 weeks. Ahh, it finally seems real. We are actually having a baby in 3 weeks. It’s a nice feeling to see light at the end of the tunnel and feel like I’m not doubling in size, and having him practice his field goal kicks for nothing. I get so giddy talking about it with Jordan because I can really tell he’s just as excited as I am. Jordan is seriously going to be the best dad. And that just makes me smile. I hope Carson’s as even-keeled and mellow mannered as Jordan is. Just because he has so many amazing qualities - I want him to have those.

I am so nervous. For everything. For the unknown. For delivery. For feeding. For taking him home to fend for myself. I just don’t want to break him.

6 comments:

Kara said...

We are so excited to see Carson! I hope labor and delivery go smoothly for you. Good luck. We'll be thinking of you! (and waiting for that text or phone call)

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That's why Aunt Trisha is just around the corner so when you need a break you know where to drop him off!

Knudson Family said...

You are going to do GREAT Jen!!!!!

Cardalls said...

you will not break him :). Babies are incredibly resilient and tough :). You will be awesome!

Sheree Flick Photography said...

WOW! It's almost time for you. Okay, I'll say it, I'm jealous and I wish it were my turn, but mine needs to cook some more. Good luck and I hope everything goes well! :)