February 13, 2010

Showers of Fun

February 6th

My two awesome sisters (we missed you kara) and mom threw me a luncheon shower for baby boy. It was so fun and laid back. They did a great job, and I'm so lucky to have them.
Ashley, me, Bekah, & mom
There was lots of good food and great company.
 
Baby boy now has more clothes than Jordan & I combined.
Bekah, me, Litany & Ashley, my Marx cousins.
I can't believe were all grown up and having kids. I miss these girls. It wasn't that long ago we were obsessing over MaryKate & Ashley, having sleepovers, going to school together, and sharing closets. We were all more like sisters than cousins. I love them.
Thank you Bekah & Ashley! You guys are pretty much amazing.

Now on my to-do list: sort, wash, organize and put away. It seems like such a daunting task. I haven't got the nesting bug yet that I keep hearing about, hopefully it will come sooner than later.

8 comments:

Kara said...

I'm sorry I missed it, but I'm glad you got my gift. Looks like you had a great time.
Don't worry about the nesting thing. or washing all his clothes. All you really need are some white onesies, sleepers and receiving blankets for the first few weeks :)

Only 5 more weeks!! (hopefully!)

Anonymous said...

You're going to be such a great mama! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

P.S.-You know what's so funny?? We all have the same cheeks :)

Cardalls said...

It was a great time at the shower..thanks for inviting me. Your boy is decked out completely! :)

D'On Marx said...

Bummer! I missed it. I was planning on coming, but I guess your invite got buried under all my other invites to stuff. Sorry about that. It looks like it was fun.

Melissa said...

I wouldn't worry about washing too many of those clothes!! I would wait until baby boy gets here and you see how big he is...Josh was so big that we put him in 3 month size clothes after a couple days. So much for all the 0-3 month and newborn size clothes we had that only got worn once (if that). Andrea was really small so we were prepared for another small baby (instead we got a HUGE one)!!

ashley said...

youre my favorite. sister :) and gosh i wish i was still in mk&a's fanclub.

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

Looks like I totally missed this! I was waiting for the invite...sad day!