March 14, 2012

Chasing the Chickens

My parents have chickens. They've had them for a few years, but it's taken me a long time to not be utterly grossed out at the thought. Carson would want to pet them and I would freak, like they were diseased. Then my mom started giving me eggs now and then, which I would give away because I seriously could not bring myself to use a brown, green or blue egg. I'm kinda like Dr. Seuss, green eggs just didn't strike my fancy. Gradually, I started using the eggs for Carson's breakfast, and now I've graduated to using them all the time brown, tan or blue.


Carson loves the chickens. His job is to open the gate to let them out of the coupe to play when he goes to grandma's. His giddy scream and excitement is just too cute! The chickens have somewhat rubbed off on me and don't gross me out anymore, but let's just say Carson won't be getting one as a pet... ever! It's just a grandma thing.

My mom does sell them for $3/dozen every Thursday in cute cartons if you're into that all-natural, colorful kind of thing :)

No comments: