March 11, 2012

Weekend in Review

1. Jordan got tickets to the MWC Tournament, so Friday night we went to the SDSU/CSU and UNLV/UNM games. The UNLV/UNM by far was one of the best games of the tournament, even though UNLV lost. We were surrounded by Lobo fans but really, Rebel fans aren't much classier. I just don't enjoy the bantering and foul mouths of drunk people. But I do enjoy spending time with my husband watching something [college basketball] he loves so much.

2. On Saturday night since Jordan is in YM's we were asked to tag along on the Priest/Laurel Iceskating Activity. Its been years since either Jordan or I have been. Everyone was nervous for me being pregnant but who wants to sit out for 2 hours by themselves and watch, not I, so I skated carefully.. only strategically falling twice. I teach the priests and laurels Sunday school class, so they are quick to point out I fell the most. Thanks guys :) Jordan on the other hand was skating circles around me.


3. Carson enjoyed two nights in a row with his pretend sisters, the Turner girls. Its so nice that we have somewhat built-in babysitting with them. They love having him as much as he gets so ecstatic to go play with them. Lulu is in heaven not being the baby anymore and now enjoys mother Hen status to Carson.


4. The awesome weekend weather also allowed us some park time. I switched it up and drove a few extra blocks to the Aliante Dinosaur Park. I've taken Carson there once before but he really was too little to do much on his own. And I really like it, there was so much to bounce around to - sandbox, swings, slides and ducks. It was great. On Thursday, I didn't think to bring his sand toys so that was a bummer but when we went on Saturday, Carson was in heaven to have his shovels and buckets.




No comments: