
Brynlee is one month old. I survived the first month with two children. She was a little high maintance there for awhile, but it just took me a little time to figure her out and she's been a doll ever since. The week she came home from the hospital, she developed this nasty diaper rash that turned into a burn. I tried every home remedy, changed diaper brands, stopped using wipes, got a prescription, and nothing seemed to do the trick. She wasn't fussy, or colicy. It just looked really painful. Everytime I had to change her diaper (which was alot), she was having diarrea looking stool every feeding and most times in between. I thought for sure we were going to go broke just buying diapers for her at the rate she was going. I would have to wash her bum under the sink, pat it dry, then let it completely air dry before I could put anytime type of ointment on and hope she wouldn't pee in between or I'd have to start the process all over. It was lovely. My doctor was at loss for suggestions, so my neighbor that works at a ped's office suggested I switch her to soy. It worked. The rashes cleared right up and she stopped pooping so much.
 |
| She didn't enjoy me make her take pictures |
 |
| She doesn't enjoy the bath as much as Carson |
Brynlee loves to be cuddled face in really tight and always held. I love it most days, but sometimes my arms just get tired. I am getting pretty good at tending to Carson and doing things one-handed though. I've seen her smile a hand full of times but for the most part she just stares at you with this scowl on her face, like she's in serious thought. I call it her "mean girl" look. I wonder all the time how her little personality will come out. What she will be like, and if she'll be as outgoing and energetic as Carson. We love our little Brynlee bear!
No comments:
Post a Comment