September 8, 2012

Grandma & Grandpa Great

Last month, I took the kids to the monthly lunch with Great Grandpa Marx, and since we were at a restaurant, and he didn't really get to hold and see Brynlee from across the table, I took the kids over to their house afterwards for a visit.


I love my Marx grandparents. They are so special to me for so many reasons. My grandpa doesn't have the greatest health these days, and it makes me so sad that one day he won't be here. I feel like my grandma on the other hand is getting younger.

My grandpa was just so tickled pink about seeing Brynlee. He sat and held her and talked to her for the longest time, and even fed her a bottle. But the minute he could smell her he said, "Jenn, you need to change her and then give her back."

My grandparents live with my aunt and uncle. My aunt loves Disney, and her granddaughters have been painting this murual by hand for a couple years. It was finally finished and Carson couldn't have been more excited to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Pluto on the walls. They also have a train track that goes around the kitchen, and living room. Carson was in heaven. He loves trains.




My grandma also took him to feed the horses some carrots. He did pretty well, considering he didn't just burst into tears scared like I thought he would, so I would call that a success. He randomly asks now if we can go fed carrots to horses with grandma great, so it looks like we'll be going back pretty soon.




No comments: