September 8, 2012

BYU Football

The official start of fall has come with the beginning of college football. Jordan wanted to go to BYU's 1st home game verse Washington State so we got two tickets. The plan was to at least take Carson until last minute we found out he'd need his own ticket and with Brynlee being so little I just opted to not go to the game. Carson on the other-hand was super excited to go to BYU football with daddy. It was all he talked about for weeks before we left... and he asked every couple minutes on the drive up there, "Daddy, whatcha doing?" "Driving to BYU." "Oh, ok." ..."Daddy, whatcha doing?" he was a little anxious!

Once we were there, it was fun. And fun with just our little family of four. We went to Ikea to browse at some things I wanted. I love that store! Then to the bookstore to buy our annual game day shirts.

Jordan and Carson were off to the game while Brynlee and I headed to Midvale to hang out with Scotty & Ashley. We enjoyed chit-chatting and dinner at Wingers. I heart them.
 



In the meantime, Carson made his debut on ESPN!! Our phones were lighting up with text messages. Carson's red hair and side profile are now famous. The little munchkin only lasted until halftime when I went and got him so Jordan could enjoy the rest of the game. Poor boy was so tired. But I don't blame him when the night game starts 30 minutes before his normal bedtime. His head hit the pillow the minute we got back to the hotel!

We enjoyed our morning on Friday and took our time before heading to the cabin for Labor day. We went and walked around the Provo temple. Carson kept calling it Jesus' house which was so cute! Then we stopped for ice cream at the BYU creamery, and walked through Legends Hall before heading out.


Look at her red hair.






Go Cougars!
As we pasted LaVell Edwards Stadium, Carson yells, "I go there!" and now when a football game is on tv regardless of what team is playing he announces, "I go there." It's safe to say he's officially a cougar fan now, even more than before.

No comments: