September 28, 2012

Boys will be boys, and Girls cry too.

Carson is ALWAYS on the go. He can not sit still to save his life. Just watching him makes me tired sometimes. My neice Hallie showed him how to do somersaults one Sunday afternoon and he loves to show off his new found talent. Except when he learns something new, he gets excited when you encourage and he wants to be the center of attention even more. He was doing somersaults that turned into excited jumping, then it turned into jumping into front somersaults. Well one attempted didn't go so well and think he stopped mid somersault and came down wrong on his right foot. I saw when he landed it wasn't right. He cried, we iced it, and then he hopped back up and kept on going, just now with a limp. I figured it couldn't be broken if he was still walking on it... so he limped... for a few days, and by day 5it was getting better but not completely gone away. I took him to Urgent Care just to make sure and the Dr. said she could see some bruising, feel some swelling, but didn't see any breaks or fractures on the xrays so we went on our merry way. Now, five days later, the Urgent Care called back and said the radiologist had looked at his xrays and thought he could have a fracture that was overlooked and I needed to take him in for a soft cast and go see an orthopedic. The soft cast we got, the orthopedic we saw (who told us the same as the Urgent Care doctor), and almost two weeks later -- Carson had a bad sprain, he's pretty much back to walking normal and hasn't skipped a beat since.



Brynlee got her shots the same day. She cried too, then slept alot. I think it's cute that Carson saw his sissy's bandaids and told me, "Brynlee has owies, I kiss all better." How nice of him.

No comments: