November 24, 2012

Big. Boy. Bed.

Carson never went through the "getting out of crib" stage so the need for a big boy bed crossed my mind but was never really a priority. He would attempt climbing out (I may or may not have encouraged and egged him on a few times) but the end result was always the same. He would chicken out at the last second and never put his second leg over. I even showed him how to turn his body and place his feet in between the crib slats... he did it on his own twice. So, if we didn't have a second child out growing the pack-n-play, he'd probably still be in the crib at 2 1/2! I needed the crib for Miss Bryn so here creates my dilemma. I was going to get him a toddler bed and conserve on space but Jordan's parents had an old twin bed and mattress in the garage we could use for free, so twin bed it was!! I took Carson shopping to pick out some sheets. He narrowed and picked trucks/trackers. He loves his big boy bed.

 
His bedtime routine is still obnoxiously long and drawn out. He has his bah-bah which is a sippy cup with milk, he watches 5 min of a movie (insert 20-30min) and then has to rock/cuddle and sing songs for however long. Most days by 10pm I am done and ready for bed myself! But those tired nights of quite time with Carson relaxing are some of my favorites. I'm grateful for a little boy who loves to pray and cuddle with his mommy (or daddy). He's on a daddy kick right now.

No comments: