Carson went to a Halloween party with some church friends on Tuesday. It was so cute. They decorated pumpkins, listened too a spooky Halloween story, and enjoyed some Halloween snacks. He was NOT going to dress up. I tried at home, then in the street outside Melissa's house but not a budge. Until, Kade answered the door as a storm trooper and saw Laila as a cute pig, then of course Carson had to have his costume on too!! I dressed him quickly in the entry way and he was more than excited to be with his friends all in costume.
On Wednesday we went to the pumpkin patch with Parker. Carson and Parker are cousins one day apart. They have their moments, but on a day like today when they enjoyed playing together and not fighting, it was cute. And I enjoyed hanging out with my sister in law Ashley and going to lunch.
Wednesday night was our ward Trunk-or-Treat. Carson was darth vader, but when you would ask him: What are you going to be for Halloween? His response would be: dun, dun. No one really got it unless I was right there to ask him specifically: Carson, WHO is dun, dun? Then he would say, Darth Vader. Dun, dun is the imperial march tune that he marches around singing. I also think its funny when people would respond: Oh, he must love Star Wars. In which case, the answer is: No. He's actually never seen the movie(s). He loves Darth Vader from the Darth Vader Disneyland YouTube video introducing the new Star Wars ride. That's right, we brainwash with Disney.
| Carson's Darth Vader |
My mom handmade all our costumes growing up. I remember her sitting at her sewing machine until the wee hours stitching away. A part of me wanted to dress up Brynlee, and another part of me didn't because she's so little and all the costumes I found looked so uncomfortable for a babe, or awkward for me to hold her/sit in the stroller but (mostly because I'm cheap and didn't want to buy a costume). I browsed Pinterest early Tuesday morning and found something simple I could actually make myself for relatively inexpensive. And I actually thought it was the cutest idea! Brynlee was a bag of popcorn. I used 1/2 a yard of white fleece, sewed up the sides half way and put Velcro so I could pin it around my baby bjorn, some squiggly red ribbon, and some red felt for the wording. I bought her a white beanie and hot glued real popcorn to the top. It was absolutely perfect. She could hang out in the carrier with a white sleeper, and still be dressed up. Win-win. And I thought it was darling! She was the hit of the trunker treat :)
| Brynlee's a Bag of Popcorn |
| His favorite candy is Reeces Peanut Butter cups |
2 comments:
Your babies are so incredibly cute! I LOVE Brynlee's popcorn costume! What a great idea! I can't believe how big that girl is. I hope we will get to see your all at Thanksgiving dinner:)
Can I just tell you how much fun your kids seem to be! And I honestly don't think they could be any more adorable :)
Post a Comment