November 20, 2013

Disneyland Anniversary Trip

Jordan and I celebrated 6 years of marriage on November 17th. We tossed around the idea of going to Disneyland together but I was so nervous leaving the kids. I've never left them more than like 18 hours (and that was last years anniversary stay-cation on the strip). I was browsing hotel rooms and just booked one for Anaheim, so it was done. I'm so glad my mom and sister-in-law were so willing to watch the kids for us!


We had a blast at Disneyland with no kids. We went on all the rides we wanted, when we wanted. It was so nice having uninterrupted conversations in complete thoughts and sentences. My favorite part was enjoying my food from start to finish at my leisure, without having to stop and get the kids things in between.


I loved that weekend for so many reasons. It was the perfect get-a-way to refuel and have much needed kid-free quality time with Jordan. We've grown a lot these past couple years, and it's really nice to know that we've truly grown together. We're on the same page. We have the same goals. We dream for the same things. And we are great partners in marriage, parenting and supporting each other in the eternal family we've created.

No comments: