December 10, 2007

THE TIME HAS COME...

With my hand sanitizer in tote, Jordan and I made our way to the DMV, that's right the Department of Motor Vechiles, the most dreaded place on earth! The lines were long, the wait was longer, but surprisingly not unbearable. I thought while I was sitting there, who would honestly ever want to work at the DMV. I told Jord, besides the lack of dress code, it had to be for the benefits, they must be out of this world. I don't think they could pay me enough to sit behind the counter and try to understand half the languages spoke throughout the day, customers frustration on the amount of registration, and those who've waited all that time to find they're missing some paperwork (those cussing hissy fits are superb) but who knows what the actual education requirements are to be employed, the guy helping me had a striking resemblance to the man going to jail for mass murder on Dateline the night before.

I really had an exciting, sad, and sentimental reason for being there. I was indeed changing my identity. I am no longer a MARX by name. Although, it will finally be nice not to have to spell it everytime you say it, or have relation to those, depending on the day or moment, you might not want to be related (j/k). I do love all of my 12 aunts/uncles, 36 cousins that bear that same name, & 12 of us girls had have moved on to other identities all living within the same Las Vegas valley. Throughout the years, at some point, we've had/have two Kimberly Marx, Ashley Marx, & Jennifer Marx. But Saturday, I officially became Jennifer Lynn Shields, and left all of my bills to my cousin's wife, Jennifer Marx (ha - i wish).

It was bittersweet! I am very excited to be a "Shields", Jordan's family is so awesome, I just hope I can live up to the name. My picture totally isn't has good as the one I took when I was sixteen, and not to mention, I'm totally irritated at the fact I'll be 21 in January, but no... they wont switch my license until my birthday, so I'll just keep it vertical until 2012!

5 comments:

Kara said...

Did they let you keep your old one with Marx on it? I asked to keep mine when I came to Arizona and had to switch my name. I still have it. It's hard at first, but it gets easier. Just wait until you have to change your temple recommend to have it read shields. You should've waited until your birthday so you don't have to wait until 2012 to get the grown up license :)

fattty said...

i can't wait till litte jason miller aka snuggles sees your blog :) hahahaha

Manders & Taylor said...

Yay updates! I will update, promise. Just trying to get finals outta the way...
But yeah, I'm in the same boat, I'm due for License change at 24 but I will be 22 when Tay&I get married so I can still get the grown up one when I change it, but does the six years start over then? or will I still have to get one at 24? idk, who cares. k bye :)

Rebekah Mills said...

Tear! your growing up... Mine expires on Jan 26.. wanna go together and get "grown up" drivers licenses?

Rowe Family said...

Glad you guys are back safe and sound. Looks like you are enjoying married life. Keep in touch