Please Note: All wounds are self inflicted!
December: I was too concentrated on putting my frosty back into the cup holder, traffic on the 95 came to a screeching hault - hit the lady in front of me. Frosty all over the inside of my car. Damage: $1300.
January: Car is fixed, looks beautiful! We've had it back for all of 7 days exactly, driving down Las Vegas Blvd. near TownSquare, we weren't paying attention. Jordan hit typical vegas tourists from cool "SoCal". Had to listen to ghetto black girls complain for an hour "you scratch'd our renta car, we gonna to be late for da' club." (just say it in a ghetto black girl voice). What a night. Damage: $1200, plus $150 rental insurance deductable.
Note: this is Jordan's accident picture but I did the exact same thing to the "T" on the driver side a month earlier.
February: Walking to my car after work. I thought to myself, wow that tire seems kinda low. I think it needs air. Note to self: tell Jordan when you get home. Again, driving on 95 near Lake Mead, heard a noise followed by instant car shaking. I definately have a flat tire. Called Jordan, no big deal I'll get the spare out and jack up the car while waiting. Car collapsed on me - oh heck no, I have a husband now, I'll wait. Jordan comes, trys to jack it up in numorous places we came to the conclusion our jack is whack, it kept collapsing. Called Dad - we need one of your cool hydralic jacks, no prob., I'll send Scott. Scott came we jacked it up in point 5 seconds. Now we need a socket wrench - where does BMW keep these things hidden? After 15 minutes, the hood of your trunk! Not the most obvious place but ok. Tire changed, officially late for school and now I'm just wondering how much a new tire is going to cost $ me. Any idea? But, that will really have to wait until payday because we're officially broke!



2.3 hours after pulling into Rebel gas station, tire changed, mission accomplished. Thank you Jordan (and Scotty)! I'm so glad I have a husband that will drop everything to come rescue me and knows how to change a tire (total family joke). He's simply amazing.
Now that we've ventured into adult married life head first, I might note my mom is just tickled that "me and my car problems are now Jordan's problems." Yes, she loves and cares about me but has had to pay for one too many accidents in my youth.
I must add that we have been very blessed in so many ways! We've been able to pay for these mishaps out of pocket avoiding insurance, and THANKFULLY no one has been hurt or injuried during these bumps and bruises. The Hafen familycar guy is amazing at bodywork and has done it for half the price! The timing although annoying has been perfect because with a house payment soon there's no way we could have afforded this. For me it's been rocky not having my parents right their to pay for things but I'm definately learning....real quick! It makes me stop and think how fortunate I was growing up. But I'm so grateful for Jordan. He's so understanding and patient. He's always there to hug me and tell me everything will work out and be ok. We've made amends with the car and hopefully everything will be smooth sailing from now on.
But really if anyone wants her...
...just kidding!
7 comments:
I, personally, am looking forward to the SUV with the 'billion' kids!
It's a beautiful car, though. I'd love to have one like that. Unfortunately, I'm the one in the SUV sporting kids around! hahaha
Awe! Your blog made me feel a lot better. I don't think I'm the best driver, (the frosty in the cup holder- thats me, in my case it's dusting crums off my seat and in my lap.) -especially here in Lubbock; you've got the country bumpkins that have been here their whole life, mixed with all these crazy college kids from Dallas, San Anton, & Houston... um yeah! But yeah, glad Jordan is there for ya, that's how I feel about Taylor. Im just like "Taylor make it go away" So far so good with my new car (got it in Dec) so cross your fingers for me, and no tickets for over a year now! Considering I had 4 in one year the year before last.
<3 ya
Before you mentioned it, I thought...good thing Jordan knows how to change a tire :) And if you really want to give her away, Brad will take her!!
being married is expensive
It was fun seeing you guys for Christmas!! And we will definitely have to get together when it gets warmer and go to the lake. That would be a lot of fun!
I feel your frustrations, I would love for all of our cars to just be in working order.
Post a Comment