i truly feel like i was spiritually fed this past weekend. we started off friday night going to the temple, and i always feel so much peace and comfort while i am there. i don't think going once a month is quite enough so i'm going to make it a priority to go more often.
it was our stake conference and bishop edgley, 1st counselor in the presiding bishopric was in town. he stayed the weekend at the shields home. i was so excited to meet a general authority. i've never even come close to it in my life so i was pretty pumped. after the saturday adult session we all went over for ice cream and brownies. conversation was good until he started hatin on the rebels. duh, he's a devoted cougar fan. grr. i admit the rebels didn't play so well that night but... (that's another post) anyhow, he told us some awesome stories and i could feel the spirit like i never have before sitting around the kitchen table. he had the best sense of humor. he's so funny. i loved it so much. the boys & bishop edgley ended the night watching "the game" that sam had tivo into the early morning hours.
on sunday scotty was ordained an elder and brad and kara brought miss hallie all the way from tucson for the occasion and of course to see us, she's such a cutie. it was fun having all the marx siblings there to support.
PS. if you were in attendance at that stake conference, contrary to public announcement i am not expecting a child, although you might want to check with trisha. haha! good times.
later that evening we celebrated ZACK's GOLDEN BIRTHDAY! (sorry for the delay). He's the big 17 on the 17th. All the Hafen clan came over for the celebration. He got new black rims for his truck and some other fun stuff!!

and this weekend we're off to have some fun at disneyland!
3 comments:
Oh come on, you didn't wanna come to Bill's shindig where we have to take a charter bus an hour n half out of town for some rink-a-dink restraunt and sit there for 2 hours bored to tears while everyone else circles around each other in their cliques, and then turn around and ride the charter bus with them back home?? J/K totally go with Disneyland. I keep telling myself "I'm going for Bill, I'm going for Bill" and GGma Pack, because you know she's up there saying "Suck it up!" I will def have to enlighten you (& ur mommy) of the experience when I return. Have a great time at Disneyland! <333
It WAS a great weekend. I agree, going to the temple once a month isn't enough. I wish our temple wasn't 2 hours away! We would probably go way more often.
Don't give into peer pressure, Jenn. Have a child when YOU feel it's the right time :)
Hey Jenn,
We could of seen each other at the Temple we were going to go to the Temple on Friday night but had to move it to Saturday night. Maybe we'll see each other next time. I'm glad you guys are doing great. That's so exciting about Scott going to Brazil, that's awesome! Tell him congratulations for us. Oh, I can really relate with the "with child" rumors :)
Shawnie
Post a Comment