I went to Provo last weekend with my mom to Womens Conference. I've never been, and it was so nice to have my canteen filled. I loved listening to Sheri Dew, Julie Beck, and MEE: Mary Ellen Edmunds, but the iceing on the cake was the closing session with President Monson. I felt so uplifted this weekend physically and spiritually. Sometimes you feel so drained with things going on in your life that you need that extra guidance from leaders to give you a fresh approach.


We went up to Salt Lake to get my mom's new empty nester hobby, as I call it. Her very own HARP! Yes, crazy new addiction of hers. They are so pretty to listen too. My mom is adding this to her list of musical talents. Good luck mom! I think this is a fabulous new hobby.
Friday night we just spent time in Downtown Salt Lake. The weather was perfect. Temple Square was so gorgeous with all the tulips in full bloom. We ate at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building just about the time the sun was setting behind the temple. It was amazing! We also took a carriage ride around downtown and up Memorial Park. Wow.. so fun! It was a great weekend, but I missed Jordan! It was just weird. We haven't been apart since we got married, or really even since we started dating. We texted back and forth, quite a bit. I don't think they'll be another trip apart anytime soon. But thanks mom for being my date for the weekend, as always, it was a blast!











4 comments:
How neat! Those spiritual fulfillments (sp?) are just awesome! Beautiful pictures!
The BYU brownie didn't make it as a highlight picture? C'on you have to admit they're good. And I really don't like the term 'empty nester'. I keep telling you, it's not a hobby...a hobby is something you piddle around on in the garage. I guess time will tell if I'm talented or just piddling.
The pictures are amazing and beautiful!
What a great trip! Women's Conference sounds like such a fun thing to do.
Post a Comment