I like sports. I'm fun and get all into it. But when its over, the game is over - give me the remote so I can watch HellsKitchen. I don't understand the need to watch games, over and over. You watch the game, then for Jord he rewinds to watch some parts, then flips to ESPN so he can watch the breakdown play by play.
Jordan had this priesthood meeting last night at 7:00 p.m., right in the middle of the biggest game ever. Yeah, who cares right. So he comes home flips on the tivo and fast forwards to the end just to see the score. He wanted to know who won. When he found out it was the Celtics then he rewound and started watching the game. What? He already saw who won, why would he want to watch the middle to end of the game he missed. Guys are so weird. I love tivo, but rewind to watch a foul in slow motion, so you can yell at the tv, isn't going to do them any good. The refs are convicted cheaters, and besides you already know who won the game!
This brings me back to the other night when he missed the second half of the game the Celtics came back like 20whatever points to win. He got home, was so mad he got so pissed the Celtics were loosing and stopped watching. So then he watched the rest of the game, and finished just in time to watch it again on ESPN. Why are you watching it again on ESPN? Shh, I need to hear the commentators and watch play by play. Oh my, if I hadn’t grown up with Brad, I might not survive this madness of sports.
I, on the other hand, was pretty excited that I watched golf. The lamest sport to watch on television. We were watching the whole two hours of play-offs and sudden death between Tiger and Rocco at work. I came home to tell Jord, and this is how it went:
Me: I watched the US Open today.
J: So.
Me: It was so fun to watch!
J: Jenn, it’s golf, everyone knows Tiger was going to win anyway.
Me: And what if he didn’t?
J: The highlights would have been on SportsCenter, then you wouldn’t have had to waste two hours watching them putt holes.
This is me rolling my eyes as I walk upstairs.
And thank goodness they sent home the wicked witch last night in the kitchen or I really would have been boiling mad. ;)
7 comments:
Welcome to my life.
Wow so is that what I have to look forward to when I get married, are all guys like that. I thought my dad was the worst flipping between 2 sports games and espn highlights of another. How are able to survive Jenn?
do you relize how cool star trek is in H.D.? way cooler and now that scifi has a hd station on cox watch out battle star galatica fans. who are the Celtics any way and what galtic system are they from ? - matt
I am glad that my husband is not like that. He loves to play like me but could care less to watch sports.
Anthony is the EXACT same way! and everytime I go visit home, it hasn't changed a bit. I joke with him I think he's a bookie. I'll take him to a Ranger game, sit there for extra innings and all in 100 degree smoltering heat, and then he says after the game "Hurry and get home Sis so I can watch it on Sports Center" and then he gets all excited and hollering at the tv like he wasn't just there an hour ago! Boys are funny!
That is hilarious - just wanted to comment on Hell's Kitchen. Jared got me & Jerry hooked on it about a month ago. I love it! It always looked so stupid before. Anyway, I am also glad that they got smart and sent Jen home!
actually there is hope...dave is so much less interested in sports than he was when we were first married. i like sports a lot too, but i do have my limits!
Post a Comment