two. When he got his call on Valentines Day, we thought June 10th was so far away! It's been a year in the making - and I'm so proud of him for all that he's been through, the leaps and bounds he's made, and his decision to go. The people in Belo will adore him while so many here miss him. His companions will love his funny sense of humor and outgoing personality. Our little brother, the baby of the family, but by far the tallest of the bunch, is leaving on a jet plane... and won't be back til 2010. It’s been a weekend filled with joy and sadness. And was a total blast to spend time with all my family. Friday night I went to the Ghettos Mall in last minute mode. I was looking for a shirt for Jordan in a
color scheme I picked for family pictures, then had the task of finding something for me to wear that matched. I mention me picking the colors because thanks to some annoying brothers who mentioned throughout the week I picked a fall color for spring pictures... I'm sorry, you're right, it was difficult, end of story. It did however feel like Sadie Hawkins all over again. This trip again reminded me why I don’t tackle the mall on a weekend. I won’t go into it but you all know how annoying pre-teens can be and then add cells phones and drama and me not having patience, it doesn’t go over too well.
color scheme I picked for family pictures, then had the task of finding something for me to wear that matched. I mention me picking the colors because thanks to some annoying brothers who mentioned throughout the week I picked a fall color for spring pictures... I'm sorry, you're right, it was difficult, end of story. It did however feel like Sadie Hawkins all over again. This trip again reminded me why I don’t tackle the mall on a weekend. I won’t go into it but you all know how annoying pre-teens can be and then add cells phones and drama and me not having patience, it doesn’t go over too well."Scotty Palooza" begins... Saturday morning our family pictures were fun, a bit windy, but comical to say the least. I really wish Drew would have chased the peacocks. That would have been such a cute picture. Afterward, I enjoyed going to a temple session with all my siblings. I’m truly grateful for a mom who accepted the gospel in her adolescence and geared her adult life raising us children in righteousness. She is an amazing example to me. That night we ventured to the parentals for a family/friends BBQ for Scotty. The food was great, the conversation grand, and I still come out on top as Gordo’s favorite!
Sunday was Marx Madness continued. Jon & Ashley’s baby Matix was blessed in the morning. He is such a cute little boy! Now, I know what its like to get up extra early to peel potatoes before sacrament meeting at 9am. Later in the afternoon, Scotty gave his farewell talk in the singles ward. The meeting was a full house and the spirit felt was so strong. Great job Scotty!
The immediate fam came over for dinner at yours truly. It was fun hosting everyone, and being responsible for feeding them. We all know I’m not that enthusiastic or great at cooking, but with the help of Jordan, we pulled it off! And I was super excited. We should do it more often. Monday night was dinner with the grandparents before their journey home. It’s always fun to
see them when they come. We’re scheming a trip to Texas soon, we promise!
And lastly, my mom and I (and Matt tagged along) to see my sister in the hospital. Words can’t describe how sad I am for her and the pain she’ll go through again. It brings me to tears to read her plea. Someday she'll be a great mom. We’re thinking about you and love you so much! I totally had a hunch on Saturday at my parents house when totally out of no
where she got sick when Ashley started peeling onions. I was excited to take care of her when she was in the bathroom sick with thoughts racing through my head, are you pregnant!! She totally wouldn’t acknowledge it because I knew she wanted to tell everyone all cutesy. Just know we care, and are praying for you and David.
Now I need to prepare a talk for sacrament meeting on Sunday. I might add that I’ve never given a talk in Sacrament Meeting my whole 21 years of life, so this should be good. The topic is obviously "Fathers" so I need to start thinking of how to embarrass my dad.
And lastly, my mom and I (and Matt tagged along) to see my sister in the hospital. Words can’t describe how sad I am for her and the pain she’ll go through again. It brings me to tears to read her plea. Someday she'll be a great mom. We’re thinking about you and love you so much! I totally had a hunch on Saturday at my parents house when totally out of no
Now I need to prepare a talk for sacrament meeting on Sunday. I might add that I’ve never given a talk in Sacrament Meeting my whole 21 years of life, so this should be good. The topic is obviously "Fathers" so I need to start thinking of how to embarrass my dad.
7 comments:
Awe! I missed out! =(
Thanks for the dinner on Sunday. It was fabulous!
I can't believe you have NEVER given a talk in sacrament meeting. How'd you ever manage that?! Good luck!
Good recap. You have a fun little house that I could tell you decorated. Good luck on Sunday
It is so crazy to think Scotty has left. What an exciting time for him. He will be such a great missionary. I'm glad you guys had a great weekend with family!
Hey! It is crazy to think Scotty is old enough to be a missionary! I still remember the days when he would tag along with us in the back of the corolla!:)
Good luck to your brother! Your talk was great today, just thought I would pass that on! You're the best! I hope you know I really love hangin out with you, you always make me smile! I'll miss you a bunch when we move on! Thanks for being your awesome self!
Yes--a little more info than I probably would have shared....you know what we talked about tonight. :)
Post a Comment