July 29, 2008

Husband Tag:

What is his name?
Jordan Richard Shields. I totally assumed he was named after his grandpa, but actually he’s named after Rick Nelson, he’s dad’s best friend growing up.

Where was he born/raised?
Jordan has lived and traveled in the same 10 mile radius his whole life. He’s awesome at directions but has no idea things exist in other areas of town. The North Las Vegas Stake is his home, and I’m afraid it will be so for the rest of our lives. I never thought normal people actually lived in Northtown but here I am too and I am actually loving it.

Where did he serve a mission?
Des Moines, Iowa. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve heard ‘Is this Heaven? No, it’s Iowa!’ He spent two years in the freezing cold and trekking through midwest snow. He’s now a fan of the Iowa State Cyclones.

How did you meet?
I half way met Jordan on a double date with other people. He got con’d into going with Kate and I sarcastically thank Trisha for tracking down my number for Nic. Jordan wore that goofy looking orange polo that he thinks is so rad. We went to Applebees to eat dinner where everyone sat and listened to Nic blab about something or rather. I really enjoyed the driving range until Nic wanted to ‘show’ me how to use a golf club, no thank you. I constantly made small talk with Jordan so I wouldn’t have to talk to my real date. That was the most awkward two hour date of my life.

I didn’t know Jordan was in the same ward as me. I went, but never talked to anyone. When I saw him the next day after our double date I just said hi and made small talk and from then on we were friends. We always talked at church and activities.

We had this ward campout. I didn’t want to drive up by myself but I had school that night so I needed to go up late. Jordan had offered to wait around and give me a ride but I didn’t think he was serious. The night before I called just to make sure he really would and was just talking and I had to make a cake for another one of my friends birthdays (yeah, he was a guy but just a friend). I acted like I didn’t know how, and my parents were out of town, pulled the oh wo is me card, and it worked. Somehow I ended up at Jordan’s house making a cake and cupcakes with him.

I guess as Terri called it, Jordan was history from then on.

How long did you date?
We were ‘just friends’ for like three months. Then we decided to actually ‘date’ for two months. Lastly, the big question came, and we got married ten weeks later. So that’s a grand total of 7.5 months. Long enough.

Who said I love you first?
Jordan did. We were at his house and we were laying on the floor watching tv and I fell asleep, like I had done so many times before, and he woke me up just to tell me. It was so cute. I could tell he was so nervous, but so anxious to tell me.

How did he propose?
It was Monday. I knew it was coming just not that day. He wanted to go to the park to hang out. I was super tired. Why, the park? He told me he would do cartwheels. And if you know Jordan, that’s a funny thought. We went, he did a cartwheel, gave me a present! Swweeett - I love presents. It was a scrapbook he claimed he made [it was totally Trish.] It had all these pictures of us on different vacations from the summer and the last page had a picture of the ring, and I looked up and he was on one knee asking to marry me. It was so cute! And obviously I said yes.

How long have you been married?
Eight months and twelve days.

How old is he?
Twenty-three.

Who is taller?
sore subject, Jordan.

Who eats more?
Jordan, although I would argue that we eat the same portion sizes. But Jordan eats way faster than me. He’s always done, like five minutes before muah.

Who sings better?
I sing wretched, so if we had to narrow it down to him, so be it.

Who is smarter?
I'll just let him win, and say he is.

Whose temper is worse?
Oh, I am the most stubborn girl on the planet. Jordan is so patient with me, I love it. He is so calm and collective. Never raises his voice. Hardly ever gets mad. True story. He's so chill.

Who does the laundry?
We have this little agreement Jordan loads and rotates and I fold and put away. Jordan by far always holds up his end of the bargain, and when I come home to seven laundry baskets of clean clothes dumped in the middle of the bed is usually my clue that I should put it away or I can’t go to bed. You think I would learn that its easier in smaller doses but nope, that day hasn’t come.

Who does dishes?
We've agreed on 45/55 in Jordan's corner.


Who cooks more?
Let's just say off the record, I've only made dinner according to Jordan like twice our marriage thusfar.


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Looking at the bed, it's me. In the bed, Jordan. Although, homeboy claims I take up the entire bed. That's still up for debate.


Who pays the bills?
Jordan’s the financial guru in this relationship. It’s totally his personality to control the bills. So, I let him do it. It was like heaven when I showed him he didn’t have to wait for his monthly statement and he could look at the bank account online. I might be sorry, he checks it now more than once daily! I love hearing, so babe how was Wendy's for lunch today.

Who mows the lawn?
Jordan mows the lawn on Saturdays. He goes and gets the lawn mower from his parents and comes back and treats the grass. We are so grown up. Ah, but it did crack me up one time to wake up Saturday morning to Pete mowing our lawn. It relaxes him, so anytime he’s done with his and wants to come do ours, I welcome the labor.

Who drives when you are together?
Jordan drives, it makes him feel more manly.

Who is more stubborn?
I'm more stubborn by far but Jordan is so much more opinionated. That is totally something you learn by living with him. I had no idea dating he even cared about anything. Oh, how I was so wrong. He's emerged out of his shell. It's really not a bad thing, but it totally cracks me up.

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong?
Depends on what we were 'bickering' about, but I would say being the stubborn and always right person that I am, he always is the one to come and apologizes even if I instigated it.

Who’s family do you see most of the time?
It's pretty even. We do our own thing, do the every other Sunday dinner thing, and pretty much go with the flow. I like having both families close just for whatever reason. If we didn't have great jobs, schooling here, and the awesome opportunity to buy a house, I would have loved to move away just for a couple years and then come back. But staying 'home' has worked out really nice so far too.

Who has more siblings?
Same. We both have the four siblings and we each have one sister and three brothers. I have more in-law siblings, and some neices and a nephew to play with so the Shields side needs to do some catch up, wink wink ;)

Who wears the pants in the family?
Jordan wishes he did.

6 comments:

Rebekah Mills said...

finally a new post ;) I liked this little insight into your lives ;)

Cardalls said...

I always say that Dave wears the pants in the family, I just tell him which ones to wear! Fun post!

Trisha and Garrett said...

Man Jordan is so lucky to have such a great sister who helped him out so much! No joke last night for some reason I was thinking about how I tracked down your # for Nic(I never got my ice cream for doing that!) and then read your blog about today! How funny!

Manders & Taylor said...

I loved that post! So friggin cute!! Can't wait to meet him and you get to meet Taylor in 2 weeks!! Yay!

Jill said...

I grew up with Jordan, but its fun to learn a little more about him (and you!)

The Reedy's said...

Its kinda funny that the person he is named after happens to be my uncle, but not so much a coincidence since my family has been around in northtown FOREVER.