August 1, 2008

Yael Naim makes me smile.

I haven’t danced around to a song in a long while. That’s what makes me know that now, I am happy. Finally after so long of 'not being Jenn.' Oh please, don't read into this thinking I haven't been happy. This past year with yours truly has been great, grand, exciting. But before, it was bland, lame, hard, a struggle, trial after heartache, it takes alot to recoup emotionally, physical, and to come out on top and finally be content. I'm done being a negative person and about things that I shouldn't and use to not even care about. So, its time to be 'me' again.

La la la la la la la la la la la . . .

I believe the last time was "I Don’t Want To Be," every Tuesday night at 9:00 p.m. when that oh so popular show came on sophomore year. That year it was the couch that was my jumping zone. It was fun to dance and twirl around the loft as I was listening to music while reading some homework assignment Jordan was working on. Fun, loving, laughing, smiling. . . and finally DANCING! You just wait for the famous hop, skip & a jump. Be excited.

I’m a new soul.

La la la la la la la la la la la . . .

Because Jordan surprised me with flowers and People Magazine last night. Cooked my favorite meal, and let me watch my favorite show. Because I went to watch him play church basketball and they won. Because Holly was the nicest and funniest girl to talk to while we watched our husbands. Because for the first time in the last 11 months, I haven’t come home wishing and praying for a new job. Because the story of my life ends in fourteen days, and I’m going to be gone for eight of them. Be excited.

You better believe my eye is pink again. Not pink like pink eye or Man, Jenn you look like you’ve been smoking something, or Are you ok, it looks like you’ve been crying. Negative. I don’t take out my contacts when I sleep and I should. My grandma will probably be cursing my name when she reads this. And then again, my very own mother probably will too. Her words of wisdom everytime this happens, ‘Jennifer Lynn you are going to ruin your eyes and they are the only pair you’ve got!" Thanks mom, I appreciate the love.

I could feel the burn coming on last night staring at the computer. I went to bed hoping it would go away, but when I couldn’t open my eye this morning I knew I was doomed. It’s the same routine, can’t open my eye, it burns too bad, don’t turn on the light, it’s too sensitive, cringe for a couple of seconds while I pry the contact away from the eyeball, feel around in my make-up drawer for those medicated eye drops, double check the expiration date, crap its September, now I need a doctors appointment, just so Dr. Hatcher can tell me the blood cell on my cornea are getting bigger and you need to wear glasses for awhile, but here’s a new prescription, come back in six months, your eyes are still changing, you’re too young for lasix, back to washing my face while my eyes are killing me, no mascara today, get dressed, lucky I didn’t throw a fit this morning because I found my lost glasses last week trying to find my missing Nixon watch, still lost. I headed out driving slower than normal because I can’t see. It hurts too bad to open that eye, it must adjust to the sunlight, oh few, I made it to work ok. No crashes. Just in time for those I’ve been working with for well over thirty-six months to tell me yet again, new glasses Jenn? I didn’t know you wore glasses? They look great.

8 comments:

Kim Marx said...

You're dancing again - great news. But about your eyes...Jennifer, you have GOT to start taking out your contacts every night.

Stephanie said...

I am so happy your dancing again, I know how it is, I haven't started dancing, but I have started "wiggling" in my car to a good song,

Oh and i have to agree (don't hate me) I usually forget when i want to nap and feel the pain in my eyes, I lost one in the back that was killer, so Be careful and listen to your mom.
Love Ya

Kara said...

First, I LOVE that song. It's on my blog. Whenever Brad here's that "I don't wanna be" song, he ALWAYS mentions how you used to dance to it :)
Second, I'll be your grandma here. Take out those dange contacts! Do your eyes get sensitive to light and they water like crazy?? I would get some sorta infection thing in my eye that the eye doc can't seem to diagnose, but when it happens they just prescribe the same eye drop to me and it helps clear it up.
Third, it sounds like you're quitting? Is that true?
Fourth, see you in 3 days!!

Rebekah Mills said...

I'm glad your dancing again. I can't even wear mine for a nap... when I wake up I get a mondo headache. I think you look really good in glasses. I found your diamond ones in the downstairs bathroom at moms house.

p.s. You suck for being able to go to paradise :) j/k

{Jordan & Jenn} said...

Kara:
A. I go see an opthomologist instead of just an optomitrist (I think a medical degree sets them apart from one another) but I do have some kind of condition about not enough oxygen getting to my eye and blood clots have formed around my cornea and if they get too big, yada yada.
B. No, I'm not quitting. Its been a great transittion with the new attorney, I negotiated a raise and better benefits so I'm a happy camper now. Plus, he keeps me super busy.
C. Oh yeah, we're totally excited to see you too!! :)

Cardalls said...

Listen to your Mom is all I have to say--in a few years you'll be wishing you had so your kids will listen to you--it's called karma :)

ashley said...

i love any jenn all day everyday. i wish you would come watch one tree hill with me sometime so we can dance together like the olden days. that would make me smile.

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

How can you leave your contacts in, are you really that lazy. I thought I was lazy but it takes like two seconds to take them out. I am also glad you are dancing again. I miss the old carefree Jenn. Keep on dancing.