Jordan and I spent our Fourth of July on my parents 'boathouse' as Drew calls it. I love going to Lake Powell. It's my all time favorite vacation, and I look forward to it every summer! We stayed close in Warm Creek and this year we skipped the friends invite and just went with the immediate familia. It was so awesome relaxing without the added people, noise and constant go. Naps and magazines were my best friends this trip, and knowing what's going on in Anne Hathaways life was so satisfying.
Drew and Charlie were entertaining as always. I've learned how hard it is to be a parent on a houseboat surrounded by water when both of your children are walking. We adults had to join forces with the constant 'don't you go out that door without your lifejacket.' Disciplining is tuff, I'm not ready to be a mom. I like being cool Aunt Jenny who gives them ice cream when they didn't finish their dinner. Jordan accidentally pushed Drew in and lost his favorite uncle status - he has high hopes he forgets this week.
I was crowned the biggest wipe out, skyrocketing to a back landing. Don't worry, I only lost life for 20 seconds followed by an extreme headache. Ashley succeeded in the wakeboarding category, you go girl. Matt's trying to master the skill of driver. Bekah came to hang. The parentals were awesome hosts and cooks as always. They rock in the 'providing great food' department. We've discovered our new love of SodaPops. They're like Otterpops, but taste like different soda favors.
I just love being on the open lake, not having a worry in the world. Because if you do, there's really nothing you can do about it so you have no choice but to enjoy. Jordan's starting to be converted. I know nothing is better than his family's beach week tradition but I'm glad we get to venture on both.



3 comments:
Looksk like you had a lot of fun! I can't wait until we can go!
we always went to Powell for a week when I was growing up too. Love it....but it is REALLY hard with little kids, enjoy it now! :)
Thanks for the invite.
Post a Comment