Last night was our turn to host for our FHE group we have with our friends once a month. We switch off who hosts with dinner,
the lesson, song/prayers, and the game. I agree with Steph that with each one they just get funner and funner. It's crazy to think about the evolution of all of us. We all met and were good friends from our days in the singles ward. None of us dating, let alone thinking about getting married! We all worked with each other through our various callings. Jordan, Steve and Parker became good friends serving in Elders Quorum. Mike was my home teacher. Kjerstin was my visiting teacher. Stephanie taught me in Temple prep. I have learned so much about life and the gospel from each of these girls. I really look up to them.
Kjerstin and Cheryl Cardall probably take credit for insisting that Jordan
and I date from that night visiting teaching at Golden Spoon. I loved the night I talked to Kjerst at her apartment for hours about Jordan and Steve.
Jordan and Parker had their little 'boyfriend' dates talking about Steph. And I love that Parker decided to finally (haha) marry Stephanie because I love her.
The cutest thing was playing sing-star at the girls house and Beth sitting on the couch texting Mike all night long. I
didn't even know you could get texts in Iraq. We all wanted the scoop on that one. They have to be the funniest couple out of all of us. They are always laughing with each other.
As lame as singles wards are. I loved being a part of the Northstar Ward, during the summer/fall that I was. We had the best bishopric and our entire ward were the best of friends. Every activity was fun and welcoming - and we all got along so well. It's so weird now because they have a new bishopric and a complete set of new faces non of us recognize anymore.
As tiring as it was to go to Ward Prayer, FHE, and an activity every other weeknight,
I love the friendships we gained by being a part of such a fun ward. I wish my house was big enough to invite over all the couple friends we have from that ward. Because the list is actually really long.
I think that the couples from the singles ward have got to make up a huge majority (seriously) of the North Stake now. There's at least two or three in every ward and it's fun that we all still live so close to one another and can interact at random ward/stake activities.
And, one of these couples is moving into our family ward soon, and boy can I only contain my excitement! :)
Kjerstin and Cheryl Cardall probably take credit for insisting that Jordan
and I date from that night visiting teaching at Golden Spoon. I loved the night I talked to Kjerst at her apartment for hours about Jordan and Steve.Jordan and Parker had their little 'boyfriend' dates talking about Steph. And I love that Parker decided to finally (haha) marry Stephanie because I love her.
The cutest thing was playing sing-star at the girls house and Beth sitting on the couch texting Mike all night long. I
didn't even know you could get texts in Iraq. We all wanted the scoop on that one. They have to be the funniest couple out of all of us. They are always laughing with each other.As lame as singles wards are. I loved being a part of the Northstar Ward, during the summer/fall that I was. We had the best bishopric and our entire ward were the best of friends. Every activity was fun and welcoming - and we all got along so well. It's so weird now because they have a new bishopric and a complete set of new faces non of us recognize anymore.
As tiring as it was to go to Ward Prayer, FHE, and an activity every other weeknight,
I love the friendships we gained by being a part of such a fun ward. I wish my house was big enough to invite over all the couple friends we have from that ward. Because the list is actually really long.I think that the couples from the singles ward have got to make up a huge majority (seriously) of the North Stake now. There's at least two or three in every ward and it's fun that we all still live so close to one another and can interact at random ward/stake activities.
And, one of these couples is moving into our family ward soon, and boy can I only contain my excitement! :)
5 comments:
What are you talking about? You have a big house! This was a cute post!
You guys are so cute, I feel the same way about north star, no matter where I am living.
I am also glad so many are still in the North stake, So when I come home I can still talk with everyone.
I love your blog. It's so cute. I need help figuring out all this blogging stuff so that I can make my blog cute and interesting. Oh, and what a cute post! I love it so much that I wanted to copy it and put it on my blog, but I won't. And thanks again for hosting FHE. You did a fabulous job!
So fun to see these pictures of all you guys together! That time in the Northstar ward are some of our favorite times as a family...you guys are all awesome and we miss you all. Would you come if we hosted an FHE at our house for this group?? We'd love to see all of you again!
Hey Jen! Yep, I'm blog snooping. lol. Love you're cute blog! And a great post on the fhe. (thanks for editing the picture-haha)
Post a Comment