March 27, 2010

our little man, week one.

We've survived the first week with Carson. I haven't broken him, which is good. The nurse told me in the hospital not to worry because babies were durable. Mmm.. that just made me feel all tingly inside - not.


We endured his tramatic "boy" experience at the pediatrician. So heartbreaking. I couldn't bring myself to actually accompany him inside the procedure room so I made my mom step into grandma duty and go with him. Poor guy, I sat in the waiting room listening to him scream for a good 45 minutes. I'm not sure what was worse the procedure on him, or me listening from afar. He's doing well.


Carson is so calm and content. He does the normal baby things: eat, sleep, poop. But when he does open his pretty blue eyes he just sits and stares at us. I love it.

He takes after his mommy. He's a stomach sleeper. He wants nothing to do with his back. He also wiggles and flings his arms like no other in his sleep. He gets the hiccups all the time. I wonder what causes that but he got them in my stomach alot too so who knows. And I'm officially on the new mom black list. It's ok, my formula baby will be just fine. Don't judge. If he won't latch, he won't latch - the boy had to eat. I've already started getting the comments, and this is me rolling my eyes. Whatever.


Jordan has been so great. He's so cute with Carson. He is always so willing to jump up in the middle of the night to feed him or cuddle and rock him back to sleep. It's the cutest thing to watch.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh he is perfect!! My pediatrician doesn't let anyone in the the "procedure"...which is ok with me :) I did the same thing. Your heart just aches for them :(

You're so cute Jenny Lynn...Such a good Mommy :)

Anonymous said...

He's precious!! Don't worry about the formula thing-Dylan was the same way and he's turned out fine!! Congrats again!!

Darci Buhl said...

I think formula babies are just fine. People are totally judgy about it though, which gets annoying quick.
He is so cute, Jen! Congrats.

Unknown said...

Parker and I can't believe how much hair he has! What a cute baby boy!

Kara said...

So glad to see a picture with his eyes open. He's so cute!

Tell those boob nazi's to stuff it :) Your baby needs to eat. Hallie never had one drop of breast milk and look how great she turned out :)

We hope to hold Carson soon!

Big little Bro said...

He is beautiful! Emma wouldn't latch either...she was tongue tied, check out the tissue under the tongue if it comes up too high on the tongue they can't latch on right. She took formula as well and is fine! Makes life a bit easier honestly! And the boy procedure I am dreading...AGAIN. You would think after 4 I'd be okay with it, but it is torture...hurt you more than him guaranteed!

Aaron and Celina said...

congratulations!!! he is SO stinkin adorable!! to tell you the truth i didn't even know you were pregnant!!! i just looked at your blog today and was like WHAT THE CRAP you have a baby?!?! :) i am so excited for you! you will be a great mommy!! it seems like just yesterday i was the pregnant one and we were having our "bathroom meetings" at work! haha! man time flies! hope you're doing good!!!

Cardalls said...

okay that Big little bro comment was from me...Cheryl. somehow i was logged in under Dave's account!

Melly Mae said...

WOW!! Over 8 pounder!!! You go girl. 2 1/2 hrs of pushing??? HOLY COW I CAN'T IMAGINE! I pushed for 20 minutes and I thought that was hard. He is beautiful. I am so excited for you guys. Glad you made it through the boyish issue. So sad. I hated doing it too... but am definitely glad we did! Well, please let us know if there is anything we can do!

Mellissa and Curtis

The World Famous Marx Family said...

Both my boys were formula babies & this new little one will be too...I am just not a nurser! I hate those looks too, like they know me/you right! Nothing against those who do, just don't judge!! LOL!!! They little boy procedure is so hard it made me cry both times. I'm glad I don't have to do it again. Jenn He is way too cute. BIG congrats to you guys!!