April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend

It's tradition to go to the Shields cabin for Easter. Jordan and I have gone the last two years and this year we got to take our little Carson. He was such a good traveler. It was nice to have so many people wanting to help hold and feed and rock him to sleep. He was the life of the par-tay.
We spent the weekend as always... playing cards, video games, watching movies, and eating WAY too much. I fell in love playing games on the iTouch, I think I want one.
The boys went to the priesthood session in Cedar Saturday night.
Pete, Sam, Jordan, Garrett, Ian, Zack, Mark
While they were out, the girls decided to dye Easter eggs.
Katie, Trisha, me, Ashley, Hayley, LuLu
We woke up Easter morning to some goodies that the Easter bunny left us.
Then we had the annual Shields easter egg hunt.
Carson went hunting with Grandpa Shields

This was the last time that all Jordan's siblings will be together for 3 years, while his brothers serve their missions.


Sunday night we went over to have Easter dinner with my family. Carson got to go on the Marx annual Easter egg hunt, this time with Grandpa Marx.

Drew found the Golden Egg this year. He was more than excited and couldn't wait to go to the store for a new transformer toy.
And my mom got her grandma time in surrounded by babies.

It makes me so happy we were able to spend the holiday with both families. We are so lucky to be so close to each. It's fun to be able to spend so much time with them. Since having a baby I've learned so much from my mom and Terri. I don't know what I would do without their daily phone calls and "giving me a break" just so they can hold Carson.

2 comments:

Chattin said...

LOVED the pictures! Especially the ones of the three of y'all; y'all are such a cute little family of 3!

Kara said...

Looks like you had a fun Easter Weekend. I'm sad we didn't get to meet Carson. I was really looking forward to it. Hopefully we can before he gets too big.

P.S. He's totally a mini Jordan.
P.P.S I wonder how Drew will react when there's more than one other kid trying to find that golden egg :)