You would think I'd had some... but I didn't. Nada. Just wishful thinking, on my part.
I do love however how people in our stake or mainly our ward really think that we DO have all this insider information. It’s kinda comical. We have the normal rants around the sunday dinner table - about our sunday meetings and oh, my gosh can you believe what so-and-so said over the pulpit, or I loved their talk - that every other family does but it’s not like Pete says “hey, your ward’s going to be split on this date, and this is the bishop and these are the boundaries. Please people, we are not that privileged. He probably just sits there and laughs at us on the inside, like I know something you don't know. I would.
So when our ward was re-aligned on Sunday, along with 3 other wards - #1 surprise to me, who would have thought 4 wards, my speculations were purely based on our ward, and maybe one other, but FOUR total, who knew. I was just as surprised as everyone else in the congregation. Therefore,
my speculation was TOTALLY OFF. I didn’t even get the name of the ward right - and that I for sure thought I knew but only because I saw a piece of mail on the counter with the name of a ward that wasn’t in our stake so I assumed oh that has to be the name of the new ward, umm obviously I was wrong on that one too. I was also convinced we'd lose this one neighborhood with lots of fun members just because they are so far from us but surprise again - they're still with us. So even when we think we know, or think we've put the pieces together with over-heard conversations - we come up short handed too.
Here's to sharing the gossip - just as President Shields counseled, haha. Effective next Sunday -- don't miss out, or show up at the wrong building ;)
2 comments:
Believe me, (as a former bishop's wife) you're ALWAYS the last to know.
What I'm wondering is if your stake is ever going to be split. Don't you have like 30 wards now? Just kidding....I know Pete has a lot of wards to look after.
I can't see the map very well?!? It looks like you're still in the Sierra Ranch Ward, with the same bishop?
Post a Comment