I bought a humidifer for his room and gave him Motrin and it would get a little better, than get worse. And finally with the nasty sounding bark cough coming back and being up 5 days straight, the lack of sleep and
paranoia that your child can't breathe sent us back to the doctors.
And now we are the happy owners of this breathing machine - 4 times daily.
I thought this part of the story was somewhat comical... I had YW so Jordan was the one who took him back to the Dr. and when I got home he showed me the cool machine, and I asked the questions, Do we have to take it back? Did you pay for this? He replied non-chalantly, "No, they just gave it to me." In which I thought, they just don't give you things for free -- is our insurance paying for this. To which he didn't know, so upon further investigation, I found a copy of a form he filled out with our insurance info on it, that I'm sure he had no idea what he was filling out to begin with. I quite positive next a bill will come in the mail for the co-pay.
4 comments:
Oh, the poor little guy. I remember Kayden having it and he was about Carson's size. It's scary. They gave him a breathing treatment at the dr.'s then told us to use a humidifier at night with him and have him sleep in our room to keep a close eye. That was not a fun experience. So sorry you guy is sick. No fun.
Breathing treatments are not fun but it is amazing how well they work!! We never ended up paying anything for ours so you might get lucky and it will be 100% covered by your insurance!
Poor carson, hope is feeling better soon. I need to know your secret to getting him to keep the mask on his face- we have to do breathing treatments every day until April and if he gets even the slightest cough then we have to do it 4 times a day. I have to just aim the tube towards his face and hope that he breathes enough in because he won't sit still. It is no fun.
P.S.- sometimes I feel like I should just copy and paste your posts because our lives are so similar- I guess because our boys are only 2 days apart. :)
oh croup is the worst! garrett gets it at least twice a year...so sorry! vicks on the chest and feet helps too :)
Post a Comment